v10.4.3 - OSX - Keyboard shortcut to choose text style (normal text / small / medium / large header)

Go to solution Solved by aukirk,

• Solution

@gerrytan this is actually one of the few (only?) markup options available in v10

# + (space) = Large Header

## + (space) = Medium Header

### + (space) = Small Header

Just do nothing = Normal Text

Other markup options I am aware of are:

*** = horizontal line

[ ] = creates check list if at the beginning of a row, or a check box if in the middle of a line

Anyone aware of any others?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • 4 weeks later...

The new EN version 10.5.6 is a real improvement concerning speed and keyboard shortcuts 🙂  Press 'CTRL /' to get the full list.

For instance, to search my notes, I don't touch the mouse anymore: I use 'CTRL ALT F'  instead and after typing a search expression I can navigate through the suggestions by using the down arrow or the up arrow to go directly to the tags at the bottom of the list (the arrows wrap around).

In most situations, the multiple mouse clicks people were complaining about, can be avoided by keyboard shortcuts!

EN is on track again!

• 5 months later...

I found something in the newest release - got frustrated that the preview of keyboard shortcuts on Mac when hovering your mouse over an option had disappeared. Found this today in the bottom left corner of Evernote: 

image.png.816b9ae860fbc5154590330200fe555f.png

If you click that keyboard icon on the right, it will show you a list of all keyboard shortcuts and markup options! Yaaaay, finally! Hope that helps you all. 

And for completeness you can also use help -> keyboard shortcuts. With three ways of accessing the list of keyboard and auto-formatting shortcuts I don't think EN can be accused of hiding it!