Personal dictionary no longer an option.

As the title states, I am no longer able to add any words to my peronsonal dictionary. Either the button no longer exists for me or it has been moved. In addition this removed everything previously in my dictionary and all my notes are filled with little red squigly lines. Quite annoying. If anyone knows how to fix this, or can tell me the feature is gone, I would be extremely grateful. 

Error.png

• Like 3

I too can no longer add new word spellings to the dictionary. Evernote used to be a reliable tool for my ICU visits when visiting my wife. I went in looking like an unprepared fool yesterday when my critical notes lost formatting as well after the "upgrade" to the "New" Nevernote! I'm extremely angry about this garbage that I'm now paying for. How could there be such a crucial mis step in an upgrade? There are, of course other issues with the new Evernote as well. Trash this upgrade Evernote and get it right this next time.

• Like 1
  • Evernote Expert

The ability to add words to a user dictionary has been removed. It isn't clear whether there is a plan for this to be returned in one of the coming updates.  Version 10 is not an upgrade to v6.25 it is a new platform upon which a new version is being built. So for the time being the best advice is to stick with the legacy version which can be used on its own or alongside the developing version 10.x

I am just curious why this is not a top priority for Evernote. I use the program to take notes for biotech/biochem courses which means every other word is underlined in red. I'm considering cancelling my subscription and checking out other software if they don't fix this soon.

• Like 3

I'm going to be blunt. If I can't add words to the dictionary I'll stop my subscription. Plain and simple. Add to dictionary is a pretty basic feature of ANY TEXT EDITOR ANYWHERE. 

I'll go back to using Apple Notes. I'll Grumble, but at least I'll not have to look at red-underlined words throughout my notes.

• Like 3
On 12/1/2020 at 3:32 PM, Dug said:

I'm going to be blunt. If I can't add words to the dictionary I'll stop my subscription. Plain and simple. Add to dictionary is a pretty basic feature of ANY TEXT EDITOR ANYWHERE. 

I'll go back to using Apple Notes. I'll Grumble, but at least I'll not have to look at red-underlined words throughout my notes.

There is one workaround.

Don’t use the app. Use browser only.

Does this mean that my built-up library with words I deem correct is gone too .... aaarrgggghhhhh
That's horrible - year's of finetuning gone forever - makes me wanna cry ...
Isn't there some rule in programming to make something better without removing well-used features without telling beforehand?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

When I was using EN in Windows, I always stuck to an older version, for a variety of reasons. Now that I'm on Linux, that's not an option for me. The Beta version just came out so there IS no older version. Why they would remove this function is a real head-scratcher.