Useless Quick Note window shows on double clicking Evernote Notification area icon?

Using Windows 10 Enterprise, 64-bit OS, version 20H2, i.e. latest Stable version.
Evernote PC Desktop app is version 10.3.7, Build 0 public.

Trying to click or double click the Evernote icon in Notification area shows a useless to me Quick Note window.
I am not sure why this started happening, it used to open the Evernote window instead -- is there any way to revert to opening Evernote on doing such clicks?

Thanks for any help!

Screenshot of the window:

img-2020-11-17-23-07-58.thumb.png.c569e00ad51f4f07f9f8f03d49d1c68c.png

• Like 3
  • Level 5*

I believe the default action from that doubleclick is now to open that 'quick note' window as a convenience for users... users don't seem to like it much though. Sadly I don't think there's currently a way to change it.

Nothing convenient here - never use it, nor plan to.
Now instead of left click/double click, I have to right click, then move mouse again to click Open Evernote - too slow & cumbersome.

Old action should be brought back, or at least added as an Option to the missing Options/Settings panel. :) 

EDIT: Is there any available keyboard shortcut to "Open main Evernote window", please?
If so, maybe I can use that as a workaround until this gross UI design oversight gets fixed/improved.

Edited by Naki
Grammar/spelling
  • Like 3
On 11/18/2020 at 2:40 PM, Amauri said:

Same for me.

Quick Note window is useless.

The old "open Evernote" is better.  I have used a lot.

May we can configure this behaviour in 'preferences' ?

Thanks

This was removed, so we cannot. :) 

They say Preferences/Settings will come back, but do not say when!

• 4 months later...

I have been an avid user of Evernote for years, with thousands of notes and proud to be premium.

It's sand that Evernote tried to pull the "We are 'also' cool" card and it backfired. Even after all this time there are still a lot of bugs and inconsistencies in the new interface.

I just noticed that I haven't been using Evernote after this change, the times that I would normally open Evernote and use it out of habit just doesn't happen anymore. This year there are only 10 new notes.

It bothers me in a unconscious level, clicking the icon and not opening Evernote is maddening, to the point that make me not want to use it anymore.

It's crazy that it come to this point. Bad design decisions leasing a product to inexistence.

• 1 year later...
On 4/10/2021 at 7:07 AM, Amberto said:

It bothers me in a unconscious level, clicking the icon and not opening Evernote is maddening, to the point that make me not want to use it anymore.

It's crazy that it come to this point. Bad design decisions leasing a product to inexistence.

Agree 100%

• Level 5

Here's another, very long thread on the subject, with various suggestions for alternative ways of opening the program interface with one click:

Not that I expect anyone who wants to click the tray icon and get the program interface to accept those alternatives. This seems to be one of those issues that trigger the "my way of using Evernote is the only rational way" response in a lot of people. And yet left-clicking the tray icon to create a new note or take some other specific action, rather than opening the main program window, is fairly common. I have at least two other apps that do exactly that.

• Like 3

OMG I just installed the new Evernote Win10 app. JUST TODAY. I've been using the legacy app since the new one came out because the new app was so GD annoying. It is now very close to what the legacy app was, so I can start to use it, but I just noticed this charmer. When I double click the icon, BRING UP THE MAIN WINDOW for X's sake, what the heck is this quicknote *****? And if you're going to force a new workflow on me, give me the option to get rid of it.

The whole new app was a fiasco. Thank whomever that they finally seem to figure out the old app design was good.

• Level 5
19 hours ago, kshunterco said:

OMG I just installed the new Evernote Win10 app. JUST TODAY. I've been using the legacy app since the new one came out because the new app was so GD annoying. It is now very close to what the legacy app was, so I can start to use it, but I just noticed this charmer. When I double click the icon, BRING UP THE MAIN WINDOW for X's sake, what the heck is this quicknote *****? And if you're going to force a new workflow on me, give me the option to get rid of it.

The whole new app was a fiasco. Thank whomever that they finally seem to figure out the old app design was good.

Please see my note 2 prior to yours for some suggestions.