How di I 'Open With..' in the new Evernote?

andy Wilson

Idea

I've installed the new Evernote and now I can't see how to, eg., open an image with Photoshop. If I right click on an image I want to be able to select which application to edit it with. That functionality was there in the previous version - where has it gone to?

• Like 1

9 replies to this idea

I was about to post the same question.   I'm now feeling that the new version is a trimmed one, removing lots of previous features.  Already I found "Open With" is gone (yes, I was using the feature for GIMP or Photoshop), unable to open the attachment with external program.

• Like 2

Also missing in the new version is the ability to copy an image. If I right-click on an image I get the option ot Copy, but if I try and paste the copied image elsewhere, nothing happens. Ie. it didn't get copies. At the moment I have to open the image with Preview (I'm on a Mac) and copy from there. It is extrememly annoying to lost functionality like this.

• Like 1

The absence of the "open with" feature when working with images is a deal breaker for me. It vastly reduces the usability of Evernote for my everyday tasks and I use Evernote all the time as a Premium user. 

For me this has to be restored. 

On 7/8/2021 at 11:18 PM, PinkElephant said:

This is an important capability.

Meanwhile you can install EN legacy on a Win/Mac desktop, and use it to bridge missing features.

Do you know if the issue has been addressed? I used legacy for this but I am now trying to make do with the new v10 version since they are getting rid of legacy 😞

I just tested it, and there is a "save as" option.  I saved the image to my desktop and opened it from there  It all worked as I expected.  I'm using the Windows client so your experience with a MAC may not be the same.

Vinnie

• Level 5*
5 hours ago, Alessandra said:

Do you know if the issue has been addressed? I used legacy for this but I am now trying to make do with the new v10 version since they are getting rid of legacy 😞

This is no open with on Mac.  You have to do it in two steps as mentioned above.

image.thumb.png.185b55d2a139d10afd5852717c658b5e.png

14 hours ago, s2sailor said:

This is no open with on Mac.  You have to do it in two steps as mentioned above.

image.thumb.png.185b55d2a139d10afd5852717c658b5e.png

Thanks. Every day I see how inferior v10 is to Legacy and I despair

• Like 1
  • Level 5

V10 is not meant to be a virtual twin to legacy. It is an app in it‘s own right, with strengths and weaknesses.

Open a picture on the Mac is especially neat in v10: It automatically opens pictures in Preview. I can do most I want to do there. It is integrated with EN - edits done in Preview sync back dynamically into the picture stored in the note.

Saving cmd-S saves into the note. On „Close Window“ cmd-W the picture is closed in Preview and saved in the note. 

My above comment from 2021 was made BEFORE this functionality was added to v10.