Problems with Sketch notes

Hello!
Manual notes in evernot are my main working tool, in version 10 for ipad (apple pencil) it is impossible to work with it.
-low resolution
-old sketches are not edited
-reacts poorly to epl pencil

-no anti-aliasing

Please fix it as soon as possible, this is my main tool

This is the line quality on the previous version

image-17-09-20-04-18-1.thumb.jpeg.eaf922c8bb500d98514b5a3903b5cb6c.jpeg

And this is the quality of the line in version 10

image-17-09-20-04-18.thumb.jpeg.41c5496cc26faae4c2f1fb0b0c04f3cd.jpeg

Old sketches open in the same terrible quality

Some sketches are not open for editing, some sketches have disappeared. Incorrect synchronization with other devices and everything is very, very, very slow.

experiments on users? I don't think that's good.

Are you going to fix this, or is it time to change evernote?

IPAD 2018 Apple pencil 1

I have the same issue. The new version can't be used for taking hand written notes 😞

• The image quality sucks. I can't read my own notes. 
  • The response from the pen is sluggish. It's a delay and there are drop-outs (lines discontinued).
  • The tracking of the pen movement is terrible. The app doesn't follow the finer details of the pen movement.

iOS 14, iPad Pro 12.9" (3rd gen)

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • Level 5

Go to the AppStore, what is the current version you see ?

No, no updates !

P.S. To improve on the EN sketch feature, it is recommended to switch off the iOS Scribble feature (which can only be done for all apps). These two pencil functions collide, which causes the bad sketching quality. You just need to decide what is more important for you.

50 minutes ago, PinkElephant said:

Go to the AppStore, what is the current version you see ?

No, no updates !

P.S. To improve on the EN sketch feature, it is recommended to switch off the iOS Scribble feature (which can only be done for all apps). These two pencil functions collide, which causes the bad sketching quality. You just need to decide what is more important for you.

Just took your suggestion by turning off Scribbl and then tried handwriting note. Unfortunatel I dont see any improvement. It still looks awful. 

• Level 5

To sort things out:

• The ink follows the pen tip real quick, as in other sketching or handwriting apps
  • Details are saved, resolution is o.k.
  • Handwriting is not smoothened
  • Handwriting is recognized by server OCR, sketches in notes are searchable for words

The missing smoothing is similar to other sketching apps. Real handwriting apps (I use GoodNotes 5) are often a doing this better, they have a build-in smoothing of handwriting that improves legibility. EN is not advertising this as a handwriting tool, it is called „Sketch“.

Conclusion: For me it works for a quick sketch. OCR of handwritten text comes as a goodie. For a longer handwritten note I use a handwriting app.

This was a test I did a few minutes ago. My test refers to EN v10.2 iOS, iPad Pro 10.5, iOS 14.3.Scribble was enabled. The only thing that did not work was the recognition of the triangle as such in row 3 - here the automatic forms were enabled. The rectangle and the circle were straightened, the triangle was not. The server OCR worked on it within minutes, made ist searchable. The yellow marker is placed by EN after I searched for the word.

37BA9EC3-EC9C-4725-819D-5382665FF3C0.thumb.png.2927a9f66acf8b2a828f363b05d8c962.png

I really don't understand how Evernote can simply take off basic functionality this way. This is a disaster! I used this app for note taking for classes with ipad for long time now and because you decide making something already working worse now I need to look for new note taking app and I am using this for 11 years having 4127 notes at this moment. 

I completely don't understand really. And this is not the first usability decision which is outrageous.  

• Like 1
  • Level 5

For me it works. Maybe just my magic wand (thought it was an Apple Pencil).

Most of the thread you use as a reference is pre v10.2. With that release the function gained, most problems IMHO were fixed. Just to repeat old stuff is not posting information.

So again: What is your current, actual problem with Sketch on the iPad ? If there is one, you can easily post it here as an example.

• 1 month later...

I can help you with this. I am also a long time EVERNOTE premium user, and last night I made a sketch in Evernote that was very detailed and took me a long time to complete. When it was complete I hit save and it went into a cycle with the window & the word “saving“ that continued for over 30 minutes. Finally, it all just disappeared. That is a problem which is clearly within the system and EVERNOTE should address. Overall, the functionality of the new iOS Evernote is so diminished, but I made sure that at least my Mac version did not update, in the hopes that EVERNOTE would address these problems. I hope my faith in you is not displaced.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Same problem on my Galaxy Tab6 as of today after the latest update. Save that sometimes doesn't go away, handwriting that save for unknown reasons while I am still working and that I can't edit, and I am a long-term premium user who creates on average 20 handwriting notes a week. What is the likelihood this will be rectified in the next week or so? 

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/15/2021 at 2:51 PM, urbanmagic said:

When it was complete I hit save and it went into a cycle with the window & the word “saving“ that continued for over 30 minutes. Finally, it all just disappeared.

Hi, same problem on my iPad here.

Also if I try to modify a sketch I previously created on PC: it keeps the previous sketch done on PC no matter how hard I modify the note on iPad

Could it be a general problem with writing/reading images? From when I installed V10, I cannot share iPad pictures to Evernote anymore...

Totally tired of V10, I'm trying to go back to V6.25.2 tomorrow

1.jpg

2.jpg