Evernote New Versions

• Level 5*

There's an article at https://www.protocol.com/evernote-reboot-ian-small   
edit: also see https://evernote.com/blog/unlocking-evernotes-future/
Discussing the new versions

Now, 18 months later, Evernote's launching a new iOS app that has the same name and look as the old Evernote, but is otherwise almost entirely new. New apps for Windows, Mac, Android and the web will follow "in the coming weeks,"

The IOS version is now live and discussed here 

• Thanks 1
  • Level 5*
On 9/16/2020 at 10:26 AM, DTLow said:

Evernote's launching a new iOS app that has the same name and look as the old Evernote, but is otherwise almost entirely new. New apps for Windows, Mac, Android and the web will follow "in the coming weeks,"

I should include a warning for these new versions
This is a lot of new code; there will be feature changes and initial bugs to be fixed
My iPad is not my primary device; I upgraded to the new version and provide feedback

My primary device is a Mac; I will hold off upgrading to the new version
I'll be checking the feedback forum to review outstanding issues

• Like 2
  • Level 5*

I'm with @DTLow.  There is some good new functionality in the new IOS client but at the cost of losing better existing functionality in my view.  Just visit the IOS 10 thread to get a sense of it.  If this is what migrates to the Windows desktop I will be on Ver 6.25 as long as possible or until the new client reaches some kind of feature parity.

Just want to say that today I looked at the Reminder section on my iPhone with the new version. Don’t like the sort options.

The previous version, overdue reminders showed up first then the next reminder by date after that in descending order from most current to the future. Now it doesn’t work that way. I can sort by due date in descending order and it puts the remainders I have for next year first and I have no idea where my overdue reminder is. If I say sort in ascending order, reminders with now due date show up first and again I have no idea where my overdue reminder is.

Do not like this at all. And based on the other notes that this will be the new version for my iPad and Mac.

Again, don’t like that.

• Level 5*
3 hours ago, Frank Spevak said:

Just want to say that today I looked at the Reminder section on my iPhone with the new version. Don’t like the sort options.

The previous version, overdue reminders showed up first then the next reminder by date after that in descending order from most current to the future. Now it doesn’t work that way. I can sort by due date in descending order and it puts the remainders I have for next year first and I have no idea where my overdue reminder is. If I say sort in ascending order, reminders with now due date show up first and again I have no idea where my overdue reminder is.

Do not like this at all. And based on the other notes that this will be the new version for my iPad and Mac.

Again, don’t like that.

I don't like it either but I don't see what you see.  No matter the reminder search i get a miss-mash order.  This is the All Notes result.  All the dates are far distant yet not in any particular order I can discern, title included.  🤷‍♂️   Love the ginormous new note button too, NOT.

sharedImage.thumb.png.8965becbfc1f2e463f271f2fda759744.png