V10.0 Released

danio72
Go to solution Solved by Shane D.,

Idea

I just wanted to say, I've have been using the beta app and macOS beta app and a huge congratulations to the whole team getting here and building an Evernote for now and tomorrow.

Looking forward to what you will deliver next.  I so appreciate you providing this service. 🥰

• Like 6

21 replies to this idea

• Level 5
  • Solution

Hi all,

I've moved several posts to more appropriate locations as we want to make sure we're accurately capturing your bug reports and feedback. (Don't worry, they're not missing!)

Please let me know if you have any trouble finding your posts.

Moving forward, please try to add your comments/feedback to ongoing threads that are available, or start a new one if it's related to a specific topic.

Again, we want to make sure we're capturing all of your feedback, and we will use that information to help us prioritize our next steps.

Let me know if you have any questions!

Is it me or has the Business Card scanning function been completely gutted?
Can't add back side - 
Doesn't save to Contacts notebook or Contacts.app
Doesn't send introduction email
I stopped using it immediately as thankfully I still have an IOS12 iPhone and maybe it didn't update
etc.

• Like 1
  • Level 5*

I started this thread for comments and feedback for the new version (10.0)
Copied from the App Store

IMG_3720.thumb.jpeg.f1b15b4929732d42e15688fd404d6d18.jpegIMG_3721.thumb.jpeg.dfc997eb44d7dccd9ee425208d1e8511.jpegIMG_3722.thumb.jpeg.2f7d01b754db35091d41bb191aacf756.jpeg

edit: Note from blog (https://evernote.com/blog/unlocking-evernotes-future/)
There are a handful of features (such as editing tables, widgets, and Apple Watch support) that weren’t quite ready for today’s release, but we’re actively working to get those done and you should see them in one of our regular updates. 

• Thanks 1
  • Level 5*

Thanks for the new version

Lots of improvements, but I'm not seeing much in table functionality

Thanks for keeping tags at the top   
For me, access to tag hierarchy is the top feature

• Like 1
  • Level 5

@DTLow 

Does this mean there will no longer be a release post where users provide feedback?

I believe we plan on continuing to post release notes. In that situation, it's perfectly fine to offer your feedback in direct response, and we'll sort it out from there on our end.

Should release issues be posted directly to the Bugs/Technical Issues forum?

In circumstances when you can, yes please. We want to centralize feedback and bug reports that are similar into single threads.

This helps us to better understand and quantify what issues users are encountering!

9 hours ago, danio72 said:

I just wanted to say, I've have been using the beta app and macOS beta app and a huge congratulations to the whole team getting here and building an Evernote for now and tomorrow.

Looking forward to what you will deliver next.  I so appreciate you providing this service. 🥰

Agreed!  I have really come to rely on the new Web editor and Mac Beta version, and have been trying to get into the iOS Beta to have consistent interface across the app.  It is great to know that I probably wasn't admitted because it was so close to going live.  It made my day to see the upgrade today.... really looking forward to getting to know the new app(s)

Just updated yesterday and tried the new version for a short time, I would like to share some of my feedbacks on the big update.

• Dark Mode was already good especially compared to other apps in terms of legibility, while v10.0 further improves. Maybe due to the change of fonts.
    • But the hyperlink color is too bright and I prefer the one on v8.24.6 or before (light blue same as on the current Light Mode).
    • The readability of the Light Mode improves too! The hyperlink colour is comfortable for the eyes, and the line height too.
  • In terms of aesthetic (my subjective point of view), the new font may not be beautiful as Helvetica, but will be easier to read especially on Dark Mode. Usability is important than aesthetic in most times.
  • The font is a bit small on iPhone X (5.8-inch), but it doesn't make me harder to review notes.
  • On iPad version, I hope there will be tabs and new windows supported, and in landscape mode the note width can be optimised for readability like on Web version.
  • The edit button is too confusing and not necessary as we can still edit the note by tapping on the area we want to make changes.

Overall it's a great new version. Easy to take new notes and revisit my past experiences (tags) on the go. I would like to say thank all of your team members for the effort of improving Evernote! Looking forward to the upcoming bug fixes and further improvements.

• Level 5*
在 2020/9/18 在 PM9點52分, CFH49說:

What happened to print function on share sheet? This is a game breaker. Please reinstate or it’s back to Apple Notes or Bear for me. 

After a few days of use, my stance has changed. I am really disappointed with the great new version now.

Unusability. Unreliability. How come the core function cannot work properly?

I accept bugs but not the basic core feature which allows users to create, edit, print, clip notes without worries. Version 10 is just like a beta iOS which sometimes phone call cannot be made/received.

Thus I start thinking about changing platforms, but as no single app can replace the whole Evernote I will consider using several options at the same time like Notion, Apple Notes and even analog paper notebooks/sticky notes.

I have to agree. I’m completely reevaluating my loyalty to Evernote. I was a beta user and begged for info on the disappearance of the print function in iOS two version back. Crickets. I’m very comfortable with Apple Notes and Bear now. 

3 小時前, CFH49說:

I have to agree. I’m completely reevaluating my loyalty to Evernote. I was a beta user and begged for info on the disappearance of the print function in iOS two version back. Crickets. I’m very comfortable with Apple Notes and Bear now. 

The new adding tag experience is so painful. You have to search if there are no old tags first, then you can create one. It takes more than one steps to finish... FOR EVERY TAG. Crazy.

I can imagine when exploring more and more the apps, I will be more and more frustrated.

• Level 5*

I was optimistic what with all the videos and the like.  But it feels like simply more of the same re my experiences with EN roll outs.  Just don't have a clue as to how to do it close to right.  Disappointing.  It's not like folks are reporting fringe bits not working.  It's basic stuff not working and well regarded old function disappearing.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, CalS said:

I was optimistic what with all the videos and the like.  But it feels like simply more of the same re my experiences with EN roll outs.  Just don't have a clue as to how to do it close to right.  Disappointing.  It's not like folks are reporting fringe bits not working.  It's basic stuff not working and well regarded old function disappearing.

I would be cancelling Premium and migrating off of it just because of how the Business Card feature was completely deprecated alone...

What's the plan to restore this vital functionality?

• Level 5

@krishnaswami The feature is available in 10.0.1 (maybe in 10 as well), although I can't compare to prior versions because I never used it. I am using a dedicated business card scanner app. Here is how:

• Open a new note.
  • Type on the blue cross to the left, select camera
  • When the scanner detects a business card, it will be automatically shown as document type business card, and fields detected will be converted to text and posted in the appropriate fields. The note can be stored as business card type. It will create one note per business card.

If you need to take a picture of the back as well, you can do so in the note created, below the scanned business card, by simply placing the insert mark there and hit the blue + again, choosing camera. Edit: However, this did destroy the business card type note that was created before. 2nd Edit: No, it was not destroyed, it just took very long to sync. It contains the field information, but not with the field property as before. So a back side can be added, but it will convert the business card type note into a normal note containing the business card. If only the front is scanned, it creates a real business card note.

Trying to work with the Evernote App in iOS 14 for iPad and it is a complete disaster. Do not upgrade to this version.

The number of bugs makes this thing unusable. Text entry with Apple Magic Keyboard fails. Response times are extremly slow.

Essential functions from my former workflow are missing now or are changed and unusable. Old bugs are back like a spare

text line, when you paste a picture as first item in your new note. You still cańt edit tables. All in al a shame and another motivation to consider to

change the platform, although I would need to transfer 12k+ notes with plenty internal links, tags, etc.

But sorry to say, Evernote should do something else than SW design ... 

• Thanks 1
  • Level 5*
1 hour ago, CaptainHaiti said:

Trying to work with the Evernote App in iOS 14 for iPad

Post moved to the feedback forum and merged with the release discussion   
A good practice is to post issues individually in the issues/bugs forum

btw  The Evernote version is 10.0 on the IOS/IPADOS platform
         The IOS version is not significant