Look up

doulos

• Level 5*
2 hours ago, doulos said:

I need to check for definition of a word to be sure it is used correctly. This was formerly available in the older version.I am using a MacBook Pro and the current beta version of Evernote app. 

Right Click the work   1214281803_ScreenShot2020-09-14at1_45_14PM.png.ecf5805c61233d3214c7d7b9e0f449e8.png

edit: Discussion moved to the beta forum

On 9/14/2020 at 3:18 PM, doulos said:

I need to check for definition of a word to be sure it is used correctly. This was formerly available in the older version.I am using a MacBook Pro and the current beta version of Evernote app. 

If you have a newer MacBook Pro, you can force click (like a longer click which appears to click a second time) on the trackpad to define a word. This works for me in the new beta desktop app.

• 3 months later...
On 9/14/2020 at 11:04 PM, doulos said:

That's what I've always done. In the beta version I'm now using, it's not available. 

v 6.19.0 build 1643 beta
Editor: v107.1.13786
Service: v1.19.6
© 2019 - 2020 Evernote Corporation. All rights reserved

The same here. This macOS (mine is Big Sur version 11.1) functionality still doesn't work in the Evernote environment. What is a pity because it forces us to leave the application, enter another one (Dictionary), do the word search and return to Evernote... Will they ever solve this (big) issue?

My Evernote version is 10.5.0 build 2114 beta
Editor: v113.0.14585
Service: v1.24.2

• Like 1
8 hours ago, rgfcesar said:

The same here. This macOS (mine is Big Sur version 11.1) functionality still doesn't work in the Evernote environment. What is a pity because it forces us to leave the application, enter another one (Dictionary), do the word search and return to Evernote... Will they ever solve this (big) issue?

My Evernote version is 10.5.0 build 2114 beta
Editor: v113.0.14585
Service: v1.24.2

While there isn't a right-click menu option for dictionary lookup anymore, there are two workarounds:

1. Force click on a trackpad, if you have a newer MacBook
  2. Use the keyboard shortcut Ctrl-Cmd-D
  • Like 3
15 hours ago, Paul A. said:

While there isn't a right-click menu option for dictionary lookup anymore, there are two workarounds:

1. Force click on a trackpad, if you have a newer MacBook
  2. Use the keyboard shortcut Ctrl-Cmd-D

Number 2 works for me. Thanks, Paul A.!

• Like 1