Sending files to Evernote became impossible

Before the new Evernote version, I could send pdf files to Evernote by right clicking on them. Also my scanner could send the scanned pdfs directly to Evernote. That doesn't work anymore. When I try to send pdfs there, it just says "Evernote is already running" and doesn't do anything more. Is there a way to fix that? It really impedes my workflow ...

(Sorry if there are mistakes, english is not my native language.)

• Level 5*

Hi. There's been no change that I'm aware of - everything is still working here. As a subscriber you should have the ability to add files in several ways.  Have you tried logging out of Evernote to see what happens when it isn't running?

• Level 5*

Just tried to send a file with Evernote running and the file appeared within seconds.  Just to be sure - you're right-clicking the file and using the 'send to' option?

Sounds like there's something wrong with your installation - if you're up for it,  uninstalling / restarting / reinstalling may solve this...

• Level 5*
17 hours ago, Evernote Me said:

Hello, I am having a problem scanning to Evernote e-mail.  This has worked well in the past and nothing different except not showing up in Evernotes.  Any suggestions?

Hi.  How exactly are you "scanning to email"?  It's possible to scan to a hard drive folder,  or directly to Evernote.  Where does email come in?

• Level 5*
4 hours ago, gazumped said:

Hi.  How exactly are you "scanning to email"?  It's possible to scan to a hard drive folder,  or directly to Evernote.  Where does email come in?

Sometimes the scanner will have that capability.

• Level 5*
3 hours ago, gazumped said:

Hmnn.  As well as 'to folder / Evernote'?  If there are more direct options,  don't see why you'd use email...  ;)

Only if the scanner wasn’t connected to the device. 

• Level 5

Sometimes you want to send something you scanned via E-Mail. It saves a few clicks if you can do this directly.

Scannable is able to do this, for example. Scans can be saved to EN, to the camera roll, send to e-mail or shared.

On a desktop this is a function of the scanner software, not of EN.