REQUEST: Allow default Option setting for Note Width

wanderlustconqueror

Idea

I use the "Expand Note" option to focus on my writing. For every single note. But it is tedious to have to go into the Note Width setting and change it to "Optimized readability." I'm not entirely sure why that isn't the default to begin with but it would be great to have a personal settings options to save my preference on the note width. 

It wouldn't be so bad if I only used Evernote sporadically, but I use it a couple times a week for new notes. Please make this happen!

8 replies to this idea

• Level 5*
9 hours ago, wanderlustconqueror said:

It wouldn't be so bad if I only used Evernote sporadically, but I use it a couple times a week for new notes.

What is your definition of sporadically?

13 hours ago, CalS said:

What is your definition of sporadically?

Personally, to me sporadic usage is a couple times a month, as opposed to several times a week.

12 hours ago, gazumped said:

Hi.   ...and where are you getting 'note width settings'?  What version of Evernote is this?

I'm using the online version. I'm on Windows 10. To find the note width settings, if you look in the top right corner you'll see a button with 3 dots ( . . . ). Click on it. You should see an option for Note Width. If you hover over that, you'll get 2 options: Optimize readability or Fit to Window. 

Screenshot (147).png

• Like 1
  • Level 5*
2 hours ago, wanderlustconqueror said:

I'm using the online version. I'm on Windows 10.

Hmmn.  So this is the current 'standard view':

1726790255_ScreenClip4.thumb.png.33bb543b955152edc810766bd37dafa4.png

...and this is 'optimised readability'

1889657156_ScreenClip5.thumb.png.ce7cb19dd4b6a40fda4224e83b02b6d3.png

-which both look the same to me.  If you switch back to the previous UI (available in Settings) a new note looks like this...

752148500_ScreenClip3.thumb.png.c32b0c6671177d66d8f7eb399a94ec36.png

- may be worth switching back until the new layout is finalised...

• Level 5*
On 8/26/2020 at 7:51 AM, wanderlustconqueror said:

I use the "Expand Note" option to focus on my writing. For every single note. But it is tedious to have to go into the Note Width setting and change it to "Optimized readability."

May not be what you want to hear but it is easy to do this with the desktop version by opening a note in its own Window.  Setting the size of the own window sticks.  Doesn't cost any more to use the desktop app plus it has more features and is faster.  FWIW.

ScreenClip.thumb.png.5f2a5f538095ea9a87766ccb5b027e0c.png

Unfortunately, The windows 10 version of this app adds a lot of white space that the windows 7 version didn't.

When I use Evernotes on windows 7 the app comes up with a list of snippets, which takes up minimal space on my screen. On windows 10 the app is twice the size, because of the large white panel on the right, with no way to minimize it. 

This is no longer useful as a discrete note taking app. I need the option to remove the white panel and get just the snippets... like it is on win 7.