Last few weeks or so, syncing has been a pain while using the Evernote shortcut widget on my MacBook Pro's main menu, running along the top of the screen (latest OS).

Save an entry using the widget & it takes hours to appear in Evernote. Which means any additional trains of thought or edits can't be logged, potentially losing momentum, valuable ideas & learning.

No sign of the entries online, on mobile, or on desktop for hours.

This is a new problem. Hasn't occurred before now, altho' I have updated my OS recently.

Does anyone have a clue what's going on? Would prefer to use the widget as in the good ol' days, instead of firing up the desktop app each time…

• Level 5*
On 8/17/2020 at 3:09 PM, Rob Wright said:

No sign of the entries online, on mobile, or on desktop for hours.

If you're saving an idea to Evernote so you can work on it,  why not open the app and add a note direct?  Then you don't have to wait for a note to 'appear' - you just created it.  Full disclosure:  I'm not a Mac user and this may be a stupid comment.  Apologies if it is,  but that doesn't usually stop me making them... ;)

• Level 5*
On 8/17/2020 at 7:09 AM, Rob Wright said:

Last few weeks or so, syncing has been a pain while using the Evernote shortcut widget on my MacBook Pro's main menu, running along the top of the screen (latest OS).

This would be the Evernote Helper app944211002_ScreenShot2020-08-19at12_06_37PM.png.92e30409b8230a71e58860722f475788.png

In my use, clicking on "Save to Evernote" immediately creates a note in Evernote/desktop
- there's little lag time

Syncing to online and mobile is automatic and may take a little longer - minutes for me
I can trigger a manual sync by clicking on the sync wheel

I moved the discussion to the Mac forum

• Level 5

There is no need to save every time the helper widget is used. Content stays in the little helper window, and can be extended and edited there. When you move on with what you do, the window will close, but when you reopen it, the content will still be there. 

You can click on „Save to EN“ whenever you want to create a note. All content will go into one new note. The „Save“ clears the helper window, ready for the next note.

Apart of this handling issue I would check on the connectivity. Normal helper notes are pretty small - there should be no problem with saving that little content. Is the EN app sync lagging as well ?

17 hours ago, gazumped said:

If you're saving an idea to Evernote so you can work on it,  why not open the app and add a note direct?  Then you don't have to wait for a note to 'appear' - you just created it.  Full disclosure:  I'm not a Mac user and this may be a stupid comment.  Apologies if it is,  but that doesn't usually stop me making them... ;)

Not at all. Thanks for commenting. 
Because it's quicker to use the helper to record your thoughts & ideas with speed, & you're less likely to lose your thread of inspiration with the source still visible…

• Like 1
17 hours ago, DTLow said:

This would be the Evernote Helper app944211002_ScreenShot2020-08-19at12_06_37PM.png.92e30409b8230a71e58860722f475788.png

In my use, clicking on "Save to Evernote" immediately creates a note in Evernote/desktop
- there's little lag time

Syncing to online and mobile is automatic and may take a little longer - minutes for me
I can trigger a manual sync by clicking on the sync wheel

I moved the discussion to the Mac forum

After days nervously avoiding using the helper app, I've just saved a test in it & it appears to be working as well for me as it does for you. No updates on anything material at this end. Bemused…

• Like 1
16 hours ago, PinkElephant said:

There is no need to save every time the helper widget is used. Content stays in the little helper window, and can be extended and edited there. When you move on with what you do, the window will close, but when you reopen it, the content will still be there. 

You can click on „Save to EN“ whenever you want to create a note. All content will go into one new note. The „Save“ clears the helper window, ready for the next note.

Apart of this handling issue I would check on the connectivity. Normal helper notes are pretty small - there should be no problem with saving that little content. Is the EN app sync lagging as well ?

Thanks, PE. I know; I save it in the helper when I've finished making the note. That way, if I do have any further flashes of inspiration, it's available on all devices for editing & updates.
No noticeable lag on the EN app…