Notebook names - style sync

deyo246

Idea

Hi all, 

sorry if there is existing similar posts and/or ideas, I did a search on the forum but found nothing - if someone finds something, pls forward so we can vote. 

: to have the notebook name styles synced between platforms.
It is a significant visual clue when scrolling. 

regards,

image.png.855e5ea10ad0f76c27d2605881b928c3.png

5 replies to this idea

• Level 5*

Technically, format style is not supported for Notebook/Tag/Note names
I know there's a Windows feature, but it's a hack, only stored on the local machine   
- not part of the database specs   
- display not supported by any other platform

You're missing a colour option    
fwiw I add emoji to my names to make them stand out2031326608_ScreenShot2020-07-29at6_54_52AM.png.a894e6aa9d5a19459abd86f18b9f441c.png

I moved your post to the General Request forum
I see it as a cross-platform feature

• Level 5*

I'm now up to a couple of hundred notebooks which relate to the people, companies, interests and projects that I'm involved with.  Using the system in that way means any possible searches are already part done if I'm looking for something,  and there's - mostly - no question about where something will be stored when I'm saving it. 

To avoid notebook names being confused with general search terms when I'm looking them up in various windows for search / assignment etc,  I use a vertical bar "|" before the name.  So |Amazon is where a lot of my receipts end up.

Even with this number of notebooks,  identifying the one I need by scrolling down the left panel in desktop and web is pretty quick,  and I am thinking about adding some 'dummy' notebook names just to split up the list or (it now occurs to me) to isolate something important.

|Amazon
|- - - - - - - -
|Budget

...forinstance.  

• Level 5*
1 hour ago, gazumped said:

Even with this number of notebooks,  identifying the one I need by scrolling down the left panel in desktop and web is pretty quick,  and I am thinking about adding some 'dummy' notebook names just to split up the list or (it now occurs to me) to isolate something important.

|Amazon
|- - - - - - - -
|Budget

...forinstance.  

download.jpg.6ede05401d6f92f1ae81899cf751d3de.jpg   :P  ;)

• Haha 1