Greetings! When I try to print notes containing web-clipped documents, Evernote only prints the first page of the document. Both times I have done this, the note is several pages long. I don't see a way to tweak Evernote to fix this problem, and I can't find any answers in their help or the users' help here. Any ideas are most welcome. My solution thus far is to copy the whole thing, paste it into a Google Docs document and then start the printing process from there - a process in which it downloads the document to your computer as a PDF so that you can then print! 🙄Tedious, at best! Help? Thanks in advance! [Technical bits: I'm using Evernote for work, on an HP Pavilion. Browser: Firefox.]

• Level 5*

Hi. If you were printing from an installed Evernote app,  you should have an option to include attachments in the print;  which (I haven't tried it lately) should - I think - give you the whole attached document.  For reasons of download speeds and browser functions,  the web version doesn't work the same way and all you print is what you can currently see in the note window - which is either an icon or one page of any attachments.

• Level 5
2 hours ago, gazumped said:

Hi. If you were printing from an installed Evernote app,  you should have an option to include attachments in the print;  which (I haven't tried it lately) should - I think - give you the whole attached document.  For reasons of download speeds and browser functions,  the web version doesn't work the same way and all you print is what you can currently see in the note window - which is either an icon or one page of any attachments.

Begging to differ with this last. I just looked at a note I clipped from Buzzfeed, and when I go to print it, the preview shows all 12 pages. This is in Opera, but I'd think Firefox would be similar.

The deal with the Web version of Evernote is that it depends on your browser for some functions, including printing, so trying a different browser might help.

But let me back up and try to grasp the whole situation, because I may be way off. Did you clip a Web page, or a PDF or other document on a Web page? I can't get Evernote to actually clip any part of a PDF using the "Save to Evernote" popup at the bottom of the screen. I have to save them and attach them to a note manually. But clipping a Web page works pretty well. I've never tried clipping a Web page that had documents embedded in or attached to it, though.

• Level 5*
44 minutes ago, Dave-in-Decatur said:

I just looked at a note I clipped from Buzzfeed, and when I go to print it, the preview shows all 12 pages.

I got that there was an embedded PDF in a note and the problem was that the browser would only print the visible part of the note,  not the whole attachment.  But I could be wrong... 

• Level 5
On 7/4/2020 at 6:22 PM, gazumped said:

I got that there was an embedded PDF in a note and the problem was that the browser would only print the visible part of the note,  not the whole attachment.  But I could be wrong... 

Ahh yes, that's it. I tried a note with a multi-page PDF attached, and the browser's print preview shows only the first page of the PDF. That's with the PDF viewed as "Page-Through Preview." If it is viewed only as an attachment, of course only the attachment icon will be printed. But if I select "Full Preview", then the first two pages are printed, while the following pages show only a frame, even though they are fully visible in the note. This is with Opera; other browsers may work differently.

So, @Jennifer McCarty Charette: if you click on the gray border at the top of the PDF in the note, there's a 3-dot menu, and clicking that should offer the option of "Full Preview." Depending on the length of the PDF and perhaps on your browser, you may get it to be printable, along with the rest of the note, using that.

• Like 1
  • 1 year later...

Evernote only printing first page of note

using web client, brand new account, create two page note via cutting and pasting from Terminal. 

Then,from Evernote upper right corner (More), do Print, get standard dialog, however:

doing print or .pdf preview both result in one correctly-printed page and a second page that has the

header and footer information, but is blank.

WHY?

• Level 5*
On 4/23/2022 at 2:55 AM, stf said:

Evernote only printing first page of note

Hi.  You've just joined a 2-year old thread about a no-longer-supported product.  If this is a new query,  it'd be nice to know what browser you're using and whether you've reported this to Support (who are not us).  Plus whether you've tried the same process on a desktop of mobile app rather than the browser,  and what version of Evernote you have installed.

• Level 5

You say you used the web client - so you posted in the wrong subforum.

Does not matter ? Yes, it does, because a solution working on a native windows client will not work on a website (your EN account opened in the web client is nothing else than that) opened in your browser.

Long explanation cut short: How did you try to print ?

I just tried in the web client using Safari on my Mac. The print option behind the 3dot-menu did not work at all. What worked without a problem was the "Print" option in the browsers standard menus. It created a printout of sample note on 6 pages, all of them correctly printed. Another note containing a web clip printed fine as well, using the same method.