Jump to content

Printing notes only prints the first page


Recommended Posts

Greetings! When I try to print notes containing web-clipped documents, Evernote only prints the first page of the document. Both times I have done this, the note is several pages long. I don't see a way to tweak Evernote to fix this problem, and I can't find any answers in their help or the users' help here. Any ideas are most welcome. My solution thus far is to copy the whole thing, paste it into a Google Docs document and then start the printing process from there - a process in which it downloads the document to your computer as a PDF so that you can then print! 🙄Tedious, at best! Help? Thanks in advance! [Technical bits: I'm using Evernote for work, on an HP Pavilion. Browser: Firefox.]

Link to comment
  • Level 5*

Hi. If you were printing from an installed Evernote app,  you should have an option to include attachments in the print;  which (I haven't tried it lately) should - I think - give you the whole attached document.  For reasons of download speeds and browser functions,  the web version doesn't work the same way and all you print is what you can currently see in the note window - which is either an icon or one page of any attachments.

Link to comment
  • Level 5
2 hours ago, gazumped said:

Hi. If you were printing from an installed Evernote app,  you should have an option to include attachments in the print;  which (I haven't tried it lately) should - I think - give you the whole attached document.  For reasons of download speeds and browser functions,  the web version doesn't work the same way and all you print is what you can currently see in the note window - which is either an icon or one page of any attachments.

Begging to differ with this last. I just looked at a note I clipped from Buzzfeed, and when I go to print it, the preview shows all 12 pages. This is in Opera, but I'd think Firefox would be similar.

The deal with the Web version of Evernote is that it depends on your browser for some functions, including printing, so trying a different browser might help.

But let me back up and try to grasp the whole situation, because I may be way off. Did you clip a Web page, or a PDF or other document on a Web page? I can't get Evernote to actually clip any part of a PDF using the "Save to Evernote" popup at the bottom of the screen. I have to save them and attach them to a note manually. But clipping a Web page works pretty well. I've never tried clipping a Web page that had documents embedded in or attached to it, though.

Link to comment
  • Level 5*
44 minutes ago, Dave-in-Decatur said:

I just looked at a note I clipped from Buzzfeed, and when I go to print it, the preview shows all 12 pages.

I got that there was an embedded PDF in a note and the problem was that the browser would only print the visible part of the note,  not the whole attachment.  But I could be wrong... 

Link to comment
  • Level 5
On 7/4/2020 at 6:22 PM, gazumped said:

I got that there was an embedded PDF in a note and the problem was that the browser would only print the visible part of the note,  not the whole attachment.  But I could be wrong... 

Ahh yes, that's it. I tried a note with a multi-page PDF attached, and the browser's print preview shows only the first page of the PDF. That's with the PDF viewed as "Page-Through Preview." If it is viewed only as an attachment, of course only the attachment icon will be printed. But if I select "Full Preview", then the first two pages are printed, while the following pages show only a frame, even though they are fully visible in the note. This is with Opera; other browsers may work differently.

So, @Jennifer McCarty Charette: if you click on the gray border at the top of the PDF in the note, there's a 3-dot menu, and clicking that should offer the option of "Full Preview." Depending on the length of the PDF and perhaps on your browser, you may get it to be printable, along with the rest of the note, using that.

  • Like 1
Link to comment

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...