Today I discovered the result of an input of 'D: '. Here is an example:

d: abc
😧 abc (this is the result of 'D: abc'!)

What is the sense of this special character , and why is D: beeing substituted through it?

Thanks for any hint.

Edit: Explanation why I asked this question: I am not seeing the Emoji on the second line in Windows Chrome nor in Evernote. But it's visible on my mobile phone (Android, Chrome). 

Edited by Thorsten Albrecht
On 5/22/2020 at 4:50 PM, gazumped said:

Hi.  Welcome to the wonderful world of emojii - this may explain more... How to use auto-formatting

Thanks for the hint.

This is not really something I need - Emoji auto-formatting... I am using Emojis when I communicate with somebody else, but I do not need it within my own notes (I am not

schizophrenic). An I do not need them when sharing a note, too. Therefore there should be an option to turn off Emoji auto-formatting completely when not using Evernote in teams.

Anyway: Emojis seem not to function very well in Windows. Attached a screenshot. If I had at least seen the result of the auto-formatting correctly I would not have asked here for the meaning of 'D:'.

BTW Really useful features as e. g. different highlighter colors I am missing in Evernote since years. But something completely superfluous as Emojis is being implemented. Have many users asked for something like that?

evernote_emojis.png

• Level 5
2 hours ago, Thorsten Albrecht said:

BTW Really useful features as e. g. different highlighter colors I am missing in Evernote since years. But something completely superfluous as Emojis is being implemented. Have many users asked for something like that?

Oh my, yes.

Here is a feature request to add an option to disable this auto-formatting "feature"; you can go there and click the upward arrow a the top to add your support:

7 hours ago, Dave-in-Decatur said:

Oh my, yes.

I meant: Have many users requested to be able to insert emojis (and not to turn them off). 

Disabling auto-formatting is a workaround but not something I want to because I like to insert e.g. a line or a bullet list with the known shortcuts. But it seems that I have to deactivate it completely.

Some more options in Evernote would make everybody happy. The emoji hater and the fans.... Shouldn't be too hard to implement IMO.

• Level 5

Ah, thanks for the clarification. As usual in forums like this, one never hears from the people who think something new is a great idea, only from those for whom it is an intrusion!

In Tools > Options > Notes, under Note editing options, it is possible to disable automatic formatting altogether, or to disable only certain elements--all except emojis!! If that option were added there, I think everyone could have what they want.

• Like 1