We apologize for the inconvenience, but chat support is currently unavailable. Please feel free to submit an email ticket or reach out at discussion.evernote.com. Thank you for understanding. ×

How create a summary page for the content of a single long note

Drugo

When creating notes with very long pages, having a summary that allows you to jump from one paragraph to another paragraph within the same note is very useful. One of the few good things I had in Onenote.

Can anyone tell me if it is possible to create a summary page that refers to a single note instead of multiple notes?

• Level 5

Currently not - let us wait for the editor update they are working on (new headers feature ...).

As a work around, create one note for each chapter, and enable yourself to find the notes, for example through a keyword in the header or content. Then by selecting multiple notes (desktop clients only) you can create a „table-of-content“ note containing links to each note.

You can add a link to the „next“ and „previous“ note as well inside of the note. Just create a link to the note and copy/paste it into the other note.

• Like 1
  • Level 5*
4 hours ago, Drugo said:

When creating notes with very long pages, having a summary that allows you to jump from one paragraph to another paragraph within the same note is very useful. One of the few good things I had in Onenote.

Can anyone tell me if it is possible to create a summary page that refers to a single note instead of multiple notes?

Pages and "Summary pages" are not supported by the Evernote note editor.

My solution is to use a word processing editor (Apple Pages).  The document is stored in the note as a file attachment.  Evernote works well with Office/iWork documents

• Level 5*
9 hours ago, Drugo said:

Not within basic EN.  You can create your own "links" in a long note.  Something like _Link1, _Link2...  Then Ctrl+F to go to the paragraph.  If you are familiar with something like PhraseExpress you can create a hotkey wherein hovering over the link and hitting the hotkey will transfer to the link within the note.  But still a workaround.