Changes to notes are not saving

My edits to notes are not saving. This only happens if I leave the browser window open for more than around 15 minutes. At this point, changes made to notes are not saved. This also occurs when I move to another note and back in the same session. Strangely, if I refresh the browser it will begin saving again (I've only tested this on Chrome).

• 1 month later...

I am facing exactly the same issue. Frankly speaking this makes a web browser useless as I've already lost 2 long notes just because I switched it to other note and my changes weren't saved! Are you planning to resolve that or shall I switch to Google Keep or One Note 

• 1 month later...

+1

I keep Evernote web app in a Chrome tab on my computer open 24/7. I refresh the window from time to time to check if my changes are saved.

It seems that it just randomly looses my information.

Could it be because of usage of the Basic/Free license? Maybe that should be stated somewhere...

I recently noticed this as well. I have one note for my to do list which I have open all the time in Chrome. Also seeing this in Chome console:

en-dashboard: 0.0.66
main.40143870b63039c22292.js:1 ion:rpc:notestore:getFilteredSyncChunk a
(anonymous) @ main.40143870b63039c22292.js:1
main.40143870b63039c22292.js:1 ion:rpc:notestore:getFilteredSyncChunk a
(anonymous) @ main.40143870b63039c22292.js:1
main.40143870b63039c22292.js:1 ion:actions:catchupStragglers catchup failed for notebooks Array(1)

• 2 weeks later...

I have a paid account and I am experiencing the same issue. I'll have written an long article, jump to another note to grab some notes then i come back and a huge segment of the work i just did is gone. This is ridiculous.

And there hasn't been a single reply from an Evernote staff member.

• Level 5*
5 hours ago, CopperPenny said:

I have a paid account and I am experiencing the same issue. I'll have written an long article, jump to another note to grab some notes then i come back and a huge segment of the work i just did is gone. This is ridiculous.

And there hasn't been a single reply from an Evernote staff member.

This is mainly a user forum. If you want technical support, you should probably start here: 

• 4 weeks later...

I have this problem too.

Refreshing the page seem to solve it.

It messes up some formatting though.

Mac client is working fine.

*edit: No actually mac client messed up the formatting too. Probably something with that note.

This is incredibly frustrating! And all I can do is complain here because I don't have a paid account. Refreshing the page eventually worked but wow that was a pain, and now I don't really trust it.

• Like 1

I'm getting this all the time too and agree that it's incredibly frustrating! The number of times I've typed all this info only for it to disappear into oblivion.

Refreshing the page does not work for me. There are just some notes where it doesn't matter how many times I edit it or refresh, it will never ever save via the web version. But if I go onto my Android phone and try to update that same note via the Evernote app, no problem at all & saves the note straight away.

So basically every time I want to update that note I now have to type it into my phone rather than use a PC (which is a work machine hence why using the web version as I cannot install the desktop application). 

Maybe it's time to move to another note taking program. This is a deal breaker, a note app which doesn't save the notes!! How could they not know this problem exists, so ridiculous.

• 1 month later...
  • Level 5*

For those experiencing problems with the web client, are you using the new beta version?

You might want to downgrade to a more stabler version. I posted instructions here

I was using the old web version - the one that's been around for >5 years. I'm now trying the 'Classic' version and although it is very slow to load up and open notes (like 5x worse) it so far seems to be more stable in terms of saving.

• 3 months later...

I have the same issue. Seriously Evernote has gotten so poor in the last couple of years that I have now only one single note that I still keep it here. But I'm done with it, today I finally delete my last note in Evernote. 

I'm sorry guys, it seems there are just too many better options out there. 

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • Level 5

Hi, @tmp-name, and welcome to the forums. If you're using the Beta version of the Web editor (as indicated by the black Beta Editor button at bottom right), you might try switching to the "Classic" (by clicking on that button), or even going back to the "Previous" version (found by clicking your initial at top left to get the Account menu).

• Level 5

Sorry to hear that. At this point, the only thing I can suggest (someone else may have another idea) is to temporarily change to a Premium subscription. You can subscribe for just one month, and that gives you access to both Note History and tech support. Since you were working on the note for hours, there's a good chance that a version of it was saved to Note History (which is kept for all accounts, including Basic). If not, then you can reach out to tech support for further help: https://help.evernote.com/hc/requests/new. At the end, you can switch back to the Basic plan.

• Level 5*
10 minutes ago, EvernoteAteMyHomework said:

Why would I financially reward bad behaviour?

Beta versions are known for being risky for things like data loss.  Use at your own risk

Evernote's "bad behavior" is that they slot users into a beta version with no notice    
We are regularly advising users to switch versions

• Like 1
  • 1 year later...

Update:  After clearing browser cache (Chrome) I am no longer experiencing this bug.

Happening for me now.  

I tried switching to Classic, but still happening.

Edited by BostonMatt
Found work-around for this bug.