EVERNOTE ALWAYS OPENS ON SAME (UNWANTED) NOTE

• 1 month later...

I would like to know how to set a default too.

I have the opposite problem.  I would prefer Evernote to open in the last note I worked on.  If it’s only minutes since I left Evernote, It usually returnes me to the  note I was just working on,, but after some time has elapsed, and I dont know how much time that is, I find myself at the main page.  I find this default inconvenient as it often does not give me enough time to research something I want to add to my note.

• 4 months later...

I have the same issue and its driving me nuts.
Why hasn't Evernote responded? It should be a very simple fix. I've searched in all of the settings and can't figure how to change which note it opens on. It keeps opening a note I wrote 4 months ago, rather than a last note I've opened or written.  Should be able to select a default Note, not just notebook to open to.

• Level 5*
3 hours ago, noneforms said:

Why hasn't Evernote responded?

Hi.  We're a -mainly- user-supported Forum,  not the Evernote support team,  so they don't reply to individual queries.  Staff do read the posts,  but there's a lot of traffic for them to catch up on.  You could try Twitter and @Evernotehelps to see if they have any suggestions,  but there are quite a few iOS users around here (sadly,  not me...) and if there were a good answer to this thread,  I'd imagine it would have been posted by now. 

It is odd that you're seeing a consistent old note though,  because I understood that mobile devices don't store actual note content - it's downloaded when requested. 

Do you have any way to clear the caches on your device?  Quitting Evernote and restarting might be a thing to look at...  (caveat: I'm NOT an iOS user...!)

• Level 5*
19 hours ago, noneforms said:

I have the same issue and its driving me nuts.
Why hasn't Evernote responded? It should be a very simple fix. I've searched in all of the settings and can't figure how to change which note it opens on. It keeps opening a note I wrote 4 months ago, rather than a last note I've opened or written.  Should be able to select a default Note, not just notebook to open to.

In my IOS for iPhone version if I close the app and reopen All Notes becomes the context.

• 2 weeks later...

Do you have any way to clear the caches on your device?  Quitting Evernote and restarting might be a thing to look at...  (caveat: I'm NOT an iOS user...!)

Hi, thanks for responding, I should've been more clear...it is the Evernote Windows 10 program, my Android app has no issue. I updated my copy of Evernote and seems to be opening now to the last note open which is what I wanted. I think updating and quitting it and re-signing in was what did the trick.

Thank you.

• Like 1
  • Level 5*

No problem.  This is an iOS thread - hence the misunderstanding.  If you're on Windows,  6.18.4 just dropped - though it can be a little exciting being amongst the first to update to the latest version.  ;)

• 2 years later...

@guycruls:

I am having the same issue. Every time I start the Evernote, it shows one note from a month ago, that I have not use since then!

Same as @Echolane I would rather choose which note to show me first whenever I start the program. I run it over Windows 10. I have lates EVernote 10.15.6-win-ddl-public (2680)

Did you find a solution to it? would appreciate it.

• Like 1
  • Level 5*
2 hours ago, Pariya said:

@guycruls:

I am having the same issue. Every time I start the Evernote, it shows one note from a month ago, that I have not use since then!

Same as @Echolane I would rather choose which note to show me first whenever I start the program. I run it over Windows 10. I have lates EVernote 10.15.6-win-ddl-public (2680)

Did you find a solution to it? would appreciate it.

Hi.  You're adding to a 2-year-old thread and Evernote has been updated a lot since then.  Have you tried simply File > Exiting Evernote when you've finished working?  The app should then restart on the last note you were working on.

@gazumped: Thanks for your fast reply. 
If by "File > Exit", you mean "File > Quit Evernote, yes, I 've already tried it, and it is shwoing the same note. In the previous versions, I did not had such an issue. Very nicely it would open up the "Home" view which I liked a lot!
How can I just go back to that setting?

• Like 2