Images not indexed

I am trying to decide between OneNote and Evernote. I have currently uploaded a few of my documents to both services, and I am comparing them. But in EverNote, the image searching doesn't always seem to work. The first notebook worked, but the second one tells me "4 Images were not indexed". I have waited several hours already. Is this a bug I can fix? Or how long does indexing usually take? The first notebook was indexed nearly instantly.

• Level 5*
14 minutes ago, Elephantos said:

how long does indexing usually take?

There's no set timing.  It depends on how many entries in the queue; also Basic Accounts are bottom priority.
I would expect indexing to be completed within an hour.  
You might want to test with another note.

• Level 5*
1 minute ago, Elephantos said:

Sorry, I meant EverNote. OneNote works fine, just with a delay. In Evernote, some pictures get indexed really quickly, and others just don't whatever I do.

Okay.  Try highlighting the note and clicking Help while pressing the Ctrl key.  Then select Fix selected notes.  It is a PITA, but sometimes images don't get indexed.  Clueless as to why.

44 minutes ago, CalS said:

Okay.  Try highlighting the note and clicking Help while pressing the Ctrl key.  Then select Fix selected notes.  It is a PITA, but sometimes images don't get indexed.  Clueless as to why.

Didn't help, I also purchased premium before. Is there anything else I can do? I already deleted and reuploaded the image.

• Level 5*
21 minutes ago, Elephantos said:

Didn't help, I also purchased premium before. Is there anything else I can do? I already deleted and reuploaded the image.

Only thing I can think of at this point would be to file a trouble ticket. 

• Level 5*

I'm going from memory here, which is iffy, or it may have since changed but I seem to recall for basic accounts image OCR could take up to 24 hours.  I would suggest waiting a day before submitting a ticket.

6 minutes ago, s2sailor said:

I'm going from memory here, which is iffy, or it may have since changed but I seem to recall for basic accounts image OCR could take up to 24 hours.  I would suggest waiting a day before submitting a ticket.

As I said, I purchased premium during this day, about 5 hours ago.

Any idea how long it takes then?

• Level 5*

I saw that you purchased premium "before."  Your current subscription shows basic.   If you were at premium when you uploaded the documents then I would expect it to have completed within a couple of hours.

2 minutes ago, s2sailor said:

I saw that you purchased premium "before."  Your current subscription shows basic.   If you were at premium when you uploaded the documents then I would expect it to have completed within a couple of hours.

Interesting. I definitely do have premium, the upgrade buttons are all gone, but maybe the forum needs some time to update that info.

Anyways, I will try using it for a few days and see if it improves, maybe it just needs a bit of time at first.

Archived