markheni

color code notebook stacks

Idea

It would be awesome if we could not just be able to color code notes, but color code notebook stacks as well.. here's a screenshot

2095293957_evernotecolorcoding.PNG.6ba51cee8899dbfcee969aae0d92f55c.PNG

• Like 1

7 replies to this idea

On 6/3/2018 at 2:09 PM, markheni said:

It would be awesome if we could not just be able to color code notes, but color code notebook stacks as well.. here's a screenshot

2095293957_evernotecolorcoding.PNG.6ba51cee8899dbfcee969aae0d92f55c.PNG

More coloring, formatting and customizing options have been requested for a while now. Evernote is lacking "coloring" overall and I hope it will get implemented one day. There are other requests for color, you might want to go vote them up as well.

• Like 1

On 6/3/2018 at 1:09 PM, markheni said:

You can right click on a notebook and add a style.  Can't do it for stacks though.

ScreenClip.png.2916d74d0bebfdcb07d8c253b2182ef4.png

You can also add color to tags which show up as a colored bar in both snippet view and side view.  I find this very useful and keep waiting for it to be added to the Mac version.

1 hour ago, CalS said:

Can't do it for stacks though.

True, that. Stacks are weird in Evernote, at least according to the API. There's no Stack type as there are Notebook and Tag types, and no API to get hold of them (no getStack() call, though you can get to them indirectly). They camp out in notebook basements, with hardly any existence of their own. That being said, as far as I can tell, Styles are Windows-specific, and I think that the style information lives locally, and is not synced. So if they can store styles for notebooks and tags locally, they could, with a little more effort, do it for stacks. 

Of course, that would take dev time away from emoji enhancements... 

22 minutes ago, jefito said:

with hardly any existence of their own

That would be "with no existence of their own". Yeah, they're weird.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, dconnet said:

That would be "with no existence of their own". Yeah, they're weird.

I allow them to have some bit of existence because they are just a name in a notebook, but it's pretty evanescent, I'll grant... :) 

1 hour ago, jefito said:

I allow them to have some bit of existence because they are just a name in a notebook, but it's pretty evanescent, I'll grant... :) 

Hey now, to exist in a digital world is different than the physical world.  ?