Tags in shared notebooks?

NUSLorganization

Hi all. I am trying to help a professor organize popular news article on a subject we are tracking using Evernote. Each news article on the issue I file in a notebook and tag with the month, the publication, and topic. I've created an organization system with the tags, which includes nesting (i.e. all the months are under "when published") but it doesn't seem to be transferring. Does anyone know why tagging would not show up for another user in a shared notebook? Thanks!

• Level 5*

Hi.  Whose account are you using to 'own' the notes?  And are both of you adding new dates and subject tags on different devices,  or is only one person entering the details?  There could be lots of reasons for the tags not sharing across.  One thing you could both do is to log out of Evernote and back in again - sometimes it takes a restart to jump start a tag refresh.

• Level 5*
On 5/2/2018 at 3:54 PM, NUSLorganization said:

I've created an organization system with the tags, which includes nesting (i.e. all the months are under "when published") but it doesn't seem to be transferring. Does anyone know why tagging would not show up for another user in a shared notebook?

Tags are included in a shared notebook;
- these are tags owned by the notebook owner, which differs from tags owned by sharee's

The sharing does not include tag hierarchy.  That's a separate metadata table in each user's account.f

• 4 months later...

Tags are not shared to others - to be more specific: you see all Tags used by the Notes in a shared notebook. The easiest way is to create a ‚Master Note‘ tagged with all Tags that are needed in that shared Notebook - makes it easy to search by Tags using the Tag selector.

You should enter information about how Tags are should be used in a shared notebook - so all users have a guidance.

Archived