Color tags in note list

Stoppa

Idea

Hi. It would be good to assign a color to notes. For example, in list view it would be great to be able to scan it and see all the notes tagged with blue or green or yellow. It would make it so much easier to quickly find a particular note by visually scanning the list for something you know you highlighted in a certain colour.

5 replies to this idea

• Level 5*
On 9/18/2017 at 8:04 PM, Stoppa said:

Hi. It would be good to assign a color to notes. For example, in list view it would be great to be able to scan it and see all the notes tagged with blue or green or yellow. It would make it so much easier to quickly find a particular note by visually scanning the list for something you know you highlighted in a certain colour.

I understand there’s a Windows feature

To assign a color, right-click on a desired notebook or tag, select ‘Style’ and pick your preferred color. You’ll see it immediately applied to your selection in the sidebar. When you color-code a tag, all notes with that tag will show the color in the Note List.

fwiw   On the Apple side, we can add emoji to tags and note titles  Flag🇦🇹

• Level 5*
11 hours ago, DTLow said:

I understand there’s a Windows feature

Yup.  I have a tag for recurring phone calls that is styled Red.  This is how the note appears in side list view in a reminder search.

ScreenClip.png.2d40cc13e93799519a5f88f8deed2d94.png

On 9/19/2017 at 12:12 AM, DTLow said:

fwiw   On the Apple side, we can add emoji to tags and note titles  ?Flag

Hi @DTLow 

I'm interested in the emoji thing. Is a simple search supposed to work for emojis on both Desktop (Mac) and iOS? How does it work currently? So far, I've never managed to get it right. For instance, I have marked some of my notes with emojis to make them easier to spot, but whenever I search for that emoji all I get is a list of all of my notes sorted by emojis in what I suppose it's by its internal number/code. 

Any idea?

• Level 5*
5 minutes ago, CrispyCris said:

Is a simple search supposed to work for emojis on both Desktop (Mac) and iOS?

Search is another discussion
The search indexing strips out special characters (and emoji)
My use of emoji is as a visual clue

On 9/18/2017 at 11:04 PM, Stoppa said:

Sounds like a great idea. Just like sticky notes come in a rainbow of colors, your Evernote notes can also be colored. That way I can highlight a note by choosing a bright color, etc., to make it easier to see as I scroll. And even better, it'd be cool if you could filter by color as well!

Archived