Sync failure, unresponsive app

BlackVoid

Idea

These happen regularly: 

I open Evernote, click on a note and nothing happens for half a minute, only an empty screen is shown. 

Notes fails to sync: I edit my shopping list on iPad, 10 minutes later at the store it is not visible on my iphone. Half an hour later it syncs, but it is too late. 

For these reasons I will not renew my subscription, a premium product should perform the basic functions flawlessly. (Like many products Evernote suffers from feature creep - the app getting bigger and slower, basic functions are compromised to get more eye candy, etc....) 

4 replies to this idea

• Level 5*

Hi.  If you've not already done so,  I'd recommend uninstalling your app / restarting the device / downloading and reinstalling the latest version.  That's as much teching as can be done on a mobile device,  but it may help.  Certainly there's no flood of complaints from other users that there are significant 'hangs' or sync delays.

Also - why not contact Support?  (We're a -mainly- user-supported forum for fixes and workarounds)  They will know what's the latest situation on most devices.  https://www.evernote.com/SupportLogin.action if you're a paying customer,  tweet https://twitter.com/evernotehelps if not.

The thing with the ipad and phone may be down to syncing;  you'll be aware that your ipad doesn't sync direct - it syncs to the server,  and the iphone then downloads that information when it next connects,  which could be in 1 minute or 10.  The trick is to sync each active device manually when you finish editing on one,  and start viewing or editing on another.

Hope that helps. 

• Level 5*
2 hours ago, BlackVoid said:

For these reasons I will not renew my subscription

It could be a reason for not upgrading to v8
I'm holding off until issues are resolved
I still consider the premium account to be good value.  Also, my primary platform is a Mac

• Level 5*
7 hours ago, BlackVoid said:

These happen regularly: 

I open Evernote, click on a note and nothing happens for half a minute, only an empty screen is shown. 

Notes fails to sync: I edit my shopping list on iPad, 10 minutes later at the store it is not visible on my iphone. Half an hour later it syncs, but it is too late. 

For these reasons I will not renew my subscription, a premium product should perform the basic functions flawlessly. (Like many products Evernote suffers from feature creep - the app getting bigger and slower, basic functions are compromised to get more eye candy, etc....) 

IOS 8.8,2 is working pretty well for me, much better than its 8.8 predecessors.  Sync your iPhone before you leave the house, don't leave yourself at risk to whatever cell signal or WiFi is available out in the world.

• Level 5*
7 hours ago, BlackVoid said:

These happen regularly: 

IOS 8.8,2 is working pretty well for me, much better than its 8.8 predecessors.  Sync your iPhone before you leave the house, don't leave yourself at risk to whatever cell signal or WiFi is available out in the world.

Archived