Adding a URL to a note

notetakeingguy

Idea

Why can't I add a URL to a note in Android Evernote if it doesn't already have one?

This is an issue because I share good articles from Pocket to Evernote. However, the URL doesn't transfer. I have to tag the note with a Task, and then add the URL later. Not very efficient.

6 replies to this idea

• Level 5*

Just one of the (many) things that aren't possible on mobile devices -yet.  If you can get to the original page from Pocket you could capture the URL in a bookmark (text) note by sharing to Evernote and tapping the clipper icon,  then link the two notes together by title / tag / note link later.  Meantime if everyone who wants to be able to add note links on Android (or iOS) mobile adds a click to the top left of this screen,  maybe the developers will jump this change up the to-do list.

• Level 5*
11 hours ago, notetakeingguy said:

Why can't I add a URL to a note in Android Evernote if it doesn't already have one?

We have the same problem in IOS. 

My work around is to use the feature on the web platform.

• Level 5
20 hours ago, notetakeingguy said:

Bringing back and old thread because today I noticed that clipping using Android Chromemno no longer puts the URL in the URL field. So this work around doesn't work anymore.

I'm not quite clear on this. Do you mean using the Chrome Web browser on an Android phone? By "the URL field," do you mean the URL field in the note info? I've clipped a couple of items on my phone  using a different browser (Opera) the last couple of days, and they do have the URL info. Is this specific to the Chrome browser?

3 hours ago, Dave-in-Decatur said:

I'm not quite clear on this. Do you mean using the Chrome Web browser on an Android phone? By "the URL field," do you mean the URL field in the note info? I've clipped a couple of items on my phone  using a different browser (Opera) the last couple of days, and they do have the URL info. Is this specific to the Chrome browser?

Thanks for checking. I tried on another website and it worked.

What I meant is what you said, the URL field in the note info.

I jumped the gun because I am upset still about the original reason for this thread, that there is no way to enter the URL manually, if the note doesn't already have it (when I move things from Pocket to Evernote, Pocket does not fill in this field and their developers have fallen deaf to this request).

Archived