Still Getting Black Screen on Maximize

Every time we maximize a note window on our Mac, we're still getting a black screen on the primary evernote window.

This has been going on for a week or more, and we can't get any answers from Evernote support.

Can anybody help?  

We either need to fix this or find an alternative.  We've been using evernote for about 6 years, but this makes it completely unusable for us, and I'm personally shocked at the complete lack of support/assistance from Evernote themselves, because this seems like a bug on their part.

• Level 5*

Hi.  What's your support ticket number? We can flag that for an Admin to take a look at,  but you know this is a mainly user-supported forum.  Your issue doesn't sound like a bug - haven't seen any other reports of similar issues (AFAIK).  What version of Evernote for Mac are you running?

Hi Jeremy,

The fix for this is coming in the next 2-3 updates for Evernote Mac. I don't have a specific timeframe I'm able to provide for when this will be released, but it's on the horizon. There currently aren't any workarounds for this issue unfortunately. I know that it isn't ideal to have to adjust your workflow and not use Evernote in full-screen when you need to, but that is the only way around this issue at this time.

I do see our support rep that took your ticket offered to follow up with you when the fix for this is pushed. If you have any questions between now and then, feel free to let me know here or you can respond to the rep that took your ticket directly.

• 3 months later...
On 4/16/2017 at 4:45 PM, BSR said:

Hi Jeremy,

The fix for this is coming in the next 2-3 updates for Evernote Mac. I don't have a specific timeframe I'm able to provide for when this will be released, but it's on the horizon. There currently aren't any workarounds for this issue unfortunately. I know that it isn't ideal to have to adjust your workflow and not use Evernote in full-screen when you need to, but that is the only way around this issue at this time.

I do see our support rep that took your ticket offered to follow up with you when the fix for this is pushed. If you have any questions between now and then, feel free to let me know here or you can respond to the rep that took your ticket directly.

Was this fixed...???  I suddenly have the same problem.  OS Sierra, Evernote 6.11.1

I'm also having this problem. When I open a note in a separate window, I maximise it (so that I can continue to use the main interface. When I close that note, the main interface turns black. It responds to Cmd + Q and quits, and just as it closes the black screen disappears to reveal the main screen, but by that point the app has closed!

• Level 5*
55 minutes ago, EVERPDR said:

When I open a note in a separate window, I maximise it (so that I can continue to use the main interface. When I close that note, the main interface turns black.

Just curious on your method for closing the note when it's maximized

9 minutes ago, DTLow said:

Just curious on your method for closing the note when it's maximized

I press the red 'close' button in the top left of the screen. It appears to be the only way of closing the note. Pressing 'esc' doesn't do anything and Cmd + W leads to the same black screen. (Just to clarify, I'm on a Mac). 

• Level 5*
13 minutes ago, EVERPDR said:

I press the red 'close' button in the top left of the screen. It appears to be the only way of closing the note. Pressing 'esc' doesn't do anything and Cmd + W leads to the same black screen. (Just to clarify, I'm on a Mac). 

The reason I asked is that when I maximize a note, I don't get any buttons599c95e7195da_ScreenShot2017-08-22at13_35_00.png.fa0cc998a52f22803b61aa2a2c509144.png
I have to "esc" to un-maximize

I have the same reported problem with the rest of Evernote going dark
This isn't great on my 2-monitor setup

Archived