Search "All Notebooks" as default

• Level 5

Is there a way to always search "All Notebooks" as my default search for all my searches?

I tried
>Tools >Options >Search >Search Options

I unchecked "Clear context on search" but it had no effect as far as I can tell.

Using Windows 6.4.2.3773 (303773) Public

• Level 5*

"Clear context on search" applies to use of F6 to initiate a search. The hover text for that option is "Check this option if you prefer current notebook and tags selection to be cleared when you press F6 so the search is performed on all notes"

• Level 5*
1 hour ago, jbenson2 said:

Is there a way to always search "All Notebooks" as my default search for all my searches?

I tried
>Tools >Options >Search >Search Options

I unchecked "Clear context on search" but it had no effect as far as I can tell.

Using Windows 6.4.2.3773 (303773) Public

You should have Clear context on search checked.  Then per @jefito and @gazumped whenever you use your default find shortcut the context will be all notes.  Otherwise clicking on the all notes icon and then the search bar accomplishes the same thing.

• Level 5
36 minutes ago, csihilling said:

You should have Clear context on search checked.  Then per @jefito and @gazumped whenever you use your default find shortcut the context will be all notes.  Otherwise clicking on the all notes icon and then the search bar accomplishes the same thing.

Thanks. F6 is working correctly once again.

• Level 5*
2 hours ago, csihilling said:

Thanks for the Geek --> English translation. :)

Archived