Missing Account after Windows 10 update

• Level 5*
10 minutes ago, sfjinteriors said:

Same, I need someone to verify my account info.

Upgrading a device has no impact to your account.

You can log into the web platform (www.evernote.com).  The login page has a link for forgotten passwords.

• Level 5*
10 minutes ago, sfjinteriors said:

Same, I need someone to verify my account info.

Then contact support. this is a peer to peer support forum. See the link in my sig for official support from Evernote employees.

• Ex Employees

@sjfontaine It appears that this Evernote account was created today. Try to login using a different email address and see if you can find your previous account. If not, try the steps below. 

If your app data migrated to WIN 10, then select Tools>Options>Open Database Folder, and view your .exb files.

The username for each account that has logged into the app will have its own .exb file. The file is titled [username].exb. Use the username(s) in the title of the .exb file to login to your old account.

If the app data wasn't preserved during your upgrade, then the old account's .exb will not be in your database folder. Contact us here: https://www.evernote.com/SupportLogin.action, and we'll follow in a support ticket. 

• Level 5*
4 minutes ago, sfjinteriors said:

Austin,

This was helpful but did not solve the problem.  When I looked at the files it was the new files from yesterday and nothing from before.  Any other thoughts, you seem to be on the right track?  

The issue is you seem to have forgotten your Evernote account info. Is this a new computer? Where was Evernote previously installed? Your username will be the name of the .EXB file. 

The computer is the same, the difference is the Windows 10 update that seems to have erased the account.  My icon was pinned to my taskbar before the update and after I noticed it was missing when I logged in yesterday morning.  When I located the icon in my Start Menu, there was a "New!" next to the Evernote icon.  I have not needed to use my log-in information  as it automatically logged me in each time so I am not confident about the log-in info.  Would someone at Evernote be able to help locate the old account info?

• Level 5*
29 minutes ago, sfjinteriors said:

Would someone at Evernote be able to help locate the old account info?

Did you:

15 hours ago, Austin G said:

If the app data wasn't preserved during your upgrade, then the old account's .exb will not be in your database folder. Contact us here: https://www.evernote.com/SupportLogin.action, and we'll follow in a support ticket. 

• Level 5*
41 minutes ago, sfjinteriors said:

I cannot get out of the support ticket loop.  How do I actually submit a ticket?  I have attached my log as requested.

The support ticket creation is a button at the bottom of the support page.  It may only be available to paid accounts.

This is a user forum; it's not a good place to post activity logs.

This isn't really a support ticket issue.

You should be looking at the suggestions in this discussion.

• Ex Employees

@sfjinteriors I've just opened a ticket. Please check your inbox and reply when you get the moment. 

3 hours ago, sfjinteriors said:

I cannot get out of the support ticket loop.  How do I actually submit a ticket?  

Most issues selected under the "My Account" form will allow you to create a ticket as a basic user. 

Archived