Welcome! You're currently a Guest.

If you'd like to join in the Discussion, or access additional features in our forums, please sign in with your Evernote Account here. Have an Evernote Account but forgot your password? Reset it! Don't have an account yet? Create One! You'll need to set your Display Name before your first post.

Photo
Android

Sending to Google Calendar

android pulse flipboard google calendar evernote

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#1 CaptainTime

CaptainTime

• PipPipPipPip
  • Title: Shepherd
  • Group: Members
  • 158 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 04:41 AM

On my Android phone, when I am working in apps like Pulse, Flipboard or Evernote, I can click on an email/app sharing button to send the article or note to another app such as Gmail, Evernote, Dropbox, Google+, Messaging or many other apps. I use this to send a lot of articles from Pulse or Flipboard to Evernote for example.

What I am missing is a way to send the article/note to Google Calendar or to an app that will sync with Google Calendar. I would like it if Google Calendar was one of the apps I could choose and then I could enter a due date and time. So I could click on an Evernote note and just send it to Google Calendar.

Does anyone know of a way or app that can do this?

Garland Coulson, "Captain Time"
------------------------------------------
Time Management Trainer

#2 gazumped

gazumped

• Title: Operative
  • Group: Evernote Evangelist
  • 5,661 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 04:11 PM

There are apps that combine Google Calendar and Evernote and speak Android - see Meshin Calendar for one. I think even there though you have to set up the appointment in Meshin Calendar, which will sync with Google, rather than setting up something in Google or sending an event direct. If you're a GTD person there's also the (rather more immersive) IQTell currently running a beta programme.

Edit: Doh. Setting up my next appointment here just reminded me - not directly an Android solution, but I use Outlook 2007 to set up my Evernote/ Google Calendar events. Outlook syncs with Google Calendar (via a Google script) and I use the outlook clipper to put the suitably-headed note into my 'to do' notebook which is set for offline searches on the Android.

To do something similar from the Android end you could (maybe) use Outlook rules to put appointment emails into a mail folder and process them later, or (even more maybe) use rules to set up appointments...?

I use Evernote constantly but don't speak for them.  Opinions here are my own based (more or less) on age,  experience,  and common business sense.  

Evernote read what's posted here,  and take it into consideration setting priorities;  they don't normally comment on individual cases,  or offer any forecasts or promises on whether or when a new feature might be released.  

Premium Windows & Android user in Wales, UK

EN Mobile 5.8 Beta 2 | Galaxy S3 Android 4.1.2 | Chrome - EN Desktop 5.2.0.2503 (270503) Prerelease | Dell Inspiron W8.0 | Chrome + Clipper & Clearly | MS Office 2013 (also Vista and W7)
Support and information: Mac | Windows | iOS | AndroidGetting Started | Support Page | Knowledge Base | Status Page | The App CenterSupport Requests & Feedback 

(Support only work weekdays,  US Pacific Time)  |  If you need to change your account name,  email address or check usage,  do it here 

Use your spare processor capacity for science research - find out more about BOINC here.  

#3 CaptainTime

CaptainTime

• PipPipPipPip
  • 158 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 04:02 AM

While there are apps that claim to combine Evernote and a calendar, they don't in the way I want. Quite simply, I want to click on an Evernote note and share it to a calendar. Meshin just lets me go to Evernote from within their system but not the reverse.

Time Management Trainer

#4 xdelplanque

xdelplanque

• Title: Browncoat
  • Group: Evernote Employee
  • 820 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 10:06 PM

Thanks for the feedback, I take it as a feature request.

#5 Mariazquill

Mariazquill

• Pip
  • Title: Member
  • 3 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 01:16 AM

I'll follow this topic, I really need this.

#6 TadeoNYC

TadeoNYC

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 05:11 PM

I installed Evernote today hoping to replace the app Tasks which is a great app for creating Google tasks. Evernote does not replace this app but you can share Evernote directly with tasks which links directly to Google calendar.it is less than ideal, but may be the solution for many users.

#7 gazumped

gazumped

• 5,661 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 05:22 PM

... you can share Evernote directly with tasks which links directly to Google calendar ...

Sound good - I found Tasks Free from Team Tasks. Is that the one you have in mind? Installing as we speak - not sure I need a 'to do' list, but always interested in options...

I use Evernote constantly but don't speak for them.  Opinions here are my own based (more or less) on age,  experience,  and common business sense.  

Evernote read what's posted here,  and take it into consideration setting priorities;  they don't normally comment on individual cases,  or offer any forecasts or promises on whether or when a new feature might be released.  

EN Mobile 5.8 Beta 2 | Galaxy S3 Android 4.1.2 | Chrome - EN Desktop 5.2.0.2503 (270503) Prerelease | Dell Inspiron W8.0 | Chrome + Clipper & Clearly | MS Office 2013 (also Vista and W7)
Support and information: Mac | Windows | iOS | AndroidGetting Started | Support Page | Knowledge Base | Status Page | The App CenterSupport Requests & Feedback 

(Support only work weekdays,  US Pacific Time)  |  If you need to change your account name,  email address or check usage,  do it here 

Use your spare processor capacity for science research - find out more about BOINC here.  

#8 TadeoNYC

TadeoNYC

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 05:31 PM

That's the one. I have the full version. I probably bought it during Google's $.25 sale. Doo yourself a favor and check out the app "app sales" you can set up notifications and do a90 day price history.

#9 gazumped

gazumped

• 5,661 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 05:36 PM

Thanks! You're my new hero :)

#10 CaptainTime

CaptainTime

• PipPipPipPip
  • 158 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 05:57 AM

I had a look at Tasks Free, but it doesn't let me schedule tasks from a note in Evernote. Am I missing something?

Time Management Trainer

#11 TadeoNYC

TadeoNYC

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 08:12 AM

You do it from Evernote. Tasks is listed as one of the apps available to share to. Perhaps that it's one of the features that you do not get in the free version?

#12 TadeoNYC

TadeoNYC

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 08:48 AM

Do you want to actually import the list or note in to your Google calendar not just link to it? I don't think it can do that. Your Google calendar will open Evernote I guess. I only installed Evernote today and was hoping I could use it instead of tasks, it never occurred to me I would have to use them together and I haven't had time to really explore how they will all work together in different environments.

#13 gazumped

gazumped

• 5,661 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 11:05 AM

Still playing here, but for information 'share' works both ways - tasks to Evernote and Evernote to tasks, although in both cases you need a process hung around this to actually do something useful. My current trial is to use tasks to set up events and manage due dates, then share across to Evernote to document the details as the task progresses. Not elegant, but workable.

#14 TadeoNYC

TadeoNYC

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 04:52 PM

Still playing here, but for information 'share' works both ways - tasks to Evernote and Evernote to tasks, although in both cases you need a process hung around this to actually do something useful. My current trial is to use tasks to set up events and manage due dates, then share across to Evernote to document the details as the task progresses. Not elegant, but workable.

If you can better explain how exactly you are doing this when you get it figured it out that would be great. I've only been accessing the mobile version of this forum and it is a terrible format, but if at all possible even just posting a few screen shots and notes would probably be a huge help.

(Edit ) I just accessed the full site and I see files can be attached

#15 gazumped

gazumped

• 5,661 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 05:15 PM

Just tried on my Galaxy S2 -
  • Open Evernote
  • Select Note (don't edit it, just view)
  • Choose 'sharing' icon from toolbar
  • Scroll down to Tasks and tap
  • Tasks window opens with new task and note URL - add/ change title, date etc and close
From Tasks
  • find task list
  • select list
  • open menu and choose 'share task list'
  • choose Evernote - create note
  • you're then into an Evernote note edit page. There are no check boxes in this note unless you add them though...
So. You can set up a task in one or the other - whichever proves most convenient at any given time. From Evernote you can set up a reminder in Tasks, and from Tasks you can dump a whole list into Evernote so that your records in Evernote are complete. Still would like something integrated and more elegant, but it gives me a way to set an alarm for some notes, which is good.

Sorry for the lack of actual screen shots - my Galaxy seems to be on strike in that regard...

#16 tpc

tpc

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 06:48 PM

Hello, I created a Google App Script a few months back that allows you to send notes from Evernote (any client iOS, Android, Windows, OS X) to your Google Calendar. Its open source so there's nothing to pay for or subscribe to.  Completely free.  I explain how you set it up here http://www.mydevbox....-easy-reminders

#17 Pumin

Pumin

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 05:41 AM

If you dont' mind 3rd party service, I am currently using Zapier, lowest plan is currently free.  You man google for it, but in short, it will scan your Evernote every 15 mintues and automatically post on to Google calendar (also email, tweeter, etc.  I haven't explored all features yet) .  In my case, I set up * (asterisk) as a filter, and when I put note title as "See doctor * May 15th 5pm", Zapier will find the asterisk, and copy that note on to your Google calendar, in which will notify / alarm on android phone.  Nothing else has to do, just add a note with * and that's it.

As a part of their refer-a-friend bonus, if you signup via following link.   You and me get extra 100 free notifications per month.

http://zpr.io/wPS

Hope this helps.

#18 C6REW

C6REW

• Title: I need a Cup Of Tea
  • 1,608 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 07:12 AM

Zap looks to me to be IFTTT but very limited unless you pay a lot of money per month.

Please correct me if I am wrong, but I cannot see anything different.

Best regards

Chris

EVERNOTE: Getting Started | Support Page | Knowledge Base | Support Requests
If someone helped you, or you like or agree with someone's post, let them (and us) know by clicking their post's "Like" button.

#19 jefito

jefito

• Title: Evangelist / Moderator
  • 10,764 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 04:05 PM

Zapier is definitely a similar service, but it appears to have some Evernote features that IFTTT doesn't, for example, triggering on creating a new note in a specific notebook or when other filtering criteria are met. I also found it a bit easier to work with, and since I only have limited needs, the free version works fine for me.

~Jeff
EVERNOTE: Getting Started | Support Page | Knowledge Base | Support Requests | Best Practices for submitting a support request
If someone helped you, or you like or agree with someone's post, let them (and us) know by clicking their post's "Like" button.

#20 gazumped

gazumped

• 5,661 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 04:52 PM

@Pumin - thanks for the Zapier tip: just looking to create my first link - but all I see on offer under Evernote is "when a new note is created"..  where do you enter your "*" ?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Android, android, pulse, flipboard, google calendar, evernote

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Clip to Evernote