Evernote syncing quota reached

Whatever is this? Just tried to copy my data off to my NAS and got this...

Evernote syncing quota reached, unable to continue import task. Please try again later.

No upload here, just download. I've only used 12% of my download capacity FWIW.

That thread speaks to upload limits. That's not what I'm doing. I'm taking what's already on the Evernote servers and copying it to a NAS... so I'm downloading.(or importing to my NAS). There is nothing on my NAS being synced to the Evernote servers. And I did give permission to the NAS app to access my Evernote account.

Relatedly, I'm still able to clip notes from my browser and sync them to my account as I have over 50MB remaining in my current cycle,

Unless I overlooked a specific post in that long thread, I'm still at a loss to understand what is going on.

FWIW I have 2 registered devices and the NAS (app) is listed separately as an approved app w/access to my account..

Anybody?

• Level 5*

Stab in the dark.  The message references unable to continue import task.  Are you using import folders and is there a large file in one of them?

• Level 5*
13 hours ago, ExNihilo said:

I have 2 registered devices and the NAS (app) is listed separately as an approved app w/access to my account.

Sounds like Evernote may have some rules about downloads from connected apps that limit the amount that can be extracted from the account.  I'd suggest a support request to check.  Meantime - any reason why a copy of your database can't be copied over from a desktop?  Does the NAS act like a completely separate device?  Any change of your disconnect one of the other devices temporarily?

I think gazumped hit on the issue.

Apparently, there is a limit in Evernote's API which manages the connection. I'm hopeful that this auto-resets periodically to let the exchange/download continue. Otherwise, I'll need to break down some notebooks into "bite size" pieces that the API can manage.

The NAS itself is not viewed as a device. The NAS application is viewed as a connected "service".

Unfortunately, I cannot import an ENEX file (or any other alternate export form), so I am stuck with the API.

EDIT... Just to bring closure here... after several days of periodic connectivity, all notes transferred. While I'm not certain of the API limits, I averaged approximately 60 notes (no attachments) before the connection dropped. An hour later, it reset and another 60 notes came through. Tedious but doable. I'd dread to think how attachments might drag out. 

Maybe this will help another Synology Note Station user.

• 5 months later...

Just now running into the same issue. The only thing I don't see posted in this thread is how duplicate notes are coming through. I chose to import and merge Notebooks, so, it looks like I'm going to have a lot of cleaning up to do. I've got 1300 notes so I suppose that's going to amount to 2600 by the time it's all over. i believe you can import all individual notes after exporting the in .enex out of Evernote, but you lose the notebook retention.

Decided to import the exported "My Notes" .enex file. Now I've got to allocate all the notes to their proper Notebooks. Also, I can't figure how to cancel the importing of Notebooks which is still giving me the "waiting' dialogue. I've quit my browser and, when logging back into my NAS, it still showing the attempt to continue importing.

• Level 5*
47 minutes ago, csonnic said:

Just now running into the same issue. The only thing I don't see posted in this thread is how duplicate notes are coming through. I chose to import and merge Notebooks, so, it looks like I'm going to have a lot of cleaning up to do. I've got 1300 notes so I suppose that's going to amount to 2600 by the time it's all over. i believe you can import all individual notes after exporting the in .enex out of Evernote, but you lose the notebook retention.

Many users export/import each Notebook separately.

Is there a reason you're doing all this export/import?  

It's not a standard Evernote operation.

- The imported notes are created as new notes.  Previous note links will not be lost

- All the imported notes will need be synced to the servers

I am importing into Note Station on my Synology NAS. It was importing notes into their proper Notebooks, as I had selected when importing to retain and merge my original Notebooks. But it was only doing about 60 notes at a time before "reaching some sort of quota" as mentioned in above posts and then timing out. I wasn't about to wait for all the notes to come across, especially when they were duplicating themselves. I now have all my 1300 notes imported, but, they are all in one folder (My Notes).

• 9 months later...

Just to update the thread, since I also just started to try out Note Station and import my notes in Evernote. There is more "detailed" information to be found regarding the API limits here:
https://blog.evernote.com/tech/2013/08/13/evernote-api-rate-limits/

Still pretty vague, but as mentioned in this thread, the limit is per hour, so importing should work with around 60 - 80   notes - probably depending on the size as well - per hour.

Hope this helps someone else.

Archived