Offline tags

FreekieV

Idea

Hi! 

I think it would be great if it was possible to, in addition to select offline notebooks, also select offline tags. 

For example: I would create the "Offline available" tag so that I can make certain note's available offline regardless of the notebook they are in. 

Is this possible?

11 replies to this idea

• Level 5*
13 hours ago, FreekieV said:

I think it would be great if it was possible to, in addition to select offline notebooks, also select offline tags. 

For example: I would create the "Offline available" tag so that I can make certain note's available offline regardless of the notebook they are in. 

Is this possible?

The title of this discussion probably should have been "Offline Notes"

No, currently the only Offline process is by Notebook, nothing at the Note level

For myself. this is adequate, but I understand it can be awkward for users who organize their notes by using Notebooks. My use of notebooks is for default/sync/share/offline/local.

Edited: On reflection, this does apply for me and I upvoted the request.  I could have individual notes in a shared notebook that I want available offline.

4 minutes ago, csihilling said:

This has been requested before.  You might consider posting this in the feedback forum, where it could be up voted.

Kind of new here, where is the feedback forum to be found? Are these the OS related forums?

5 minutes ago, DTLow said:

Offline notes would also indeed satisfy my need. A button that makes a note offline available would also be great!

• Level 5*
1 minute ago, FreekieV said:

Kind of new here, where is the feedback forum to be found? Are these the OS related forums?

I moved the discussion to the IOS feedback forum. Voting buttons are in the upper left cornerScreen Shot 2016-06-20 at 8.32.43 AM.png

• Level 5*
9 hours ago, DTLow said:

I disagree.  The current feature is called "Offline Notebooks", which, of course, means offline notes for a given notebook.

"Offline Tags" would be analogous:  offline notes for a given tag.

@FreekieV:  Please keep the title as you have it.

• Level 5*
19 minutes ago, Eduardo Estefano said:

Was this ever implemented? When you have a tag in your favorites, does Evernote download them on your IOS mobile automatically?

You seem to be asking about a different feature.  My shortcuts are sync'd to all devices.

• Level 5*
21 minutes ago, Eduardo Estefano said:

I think I wasn't clear about this. What I meant is: when you put a tag on your shortcut, I know the shortcut will be available on all devices. The question is if it will be available offline as well on the IOS device.

I just tested on my iPad.  Online 576 tags,  Offline 576 tags

Offline is only an issue for notes.

Archived