How to Select Image in Note Summary

Go to solution Solved by amanda_h,

Does anyone know how to select the picture that shows up in the note summary for a note that has several pictures?

At first I thought it was the most recent picture included, the first picture, or the last picture in the note - one of these seemed to work before but didn't today.  I've looked for any option that makes a picture the "primary" picture (or something similar) - but no luck with that either. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

Thanks!

• Solution

Hi @MrGilbert,

There is not a way to manually choose which image in a note is displayed in the snippet; Evernote will choose the image with the largest smallest dimension.

For example, if you have 3 images with the following dimensions:

75x100
100x400
200x300

The "smallest" dimensions are 75, 100, and 200, respectively. We're going to use the image with the largest of those "smallest" dimensions (i.e., 200).

The only way to "choose" which image is shown in the snippet is to manipulate the dimensions of the photo using a third party application.

• Level 5*
37 minutes ago, amanda_h said:

There is not a way to manually choose which image in a note is displayed in the snippet; Evernote will choose the image with the largest smallest dimension

It would be very, very nice if Evernote would add this ability.  For web clippings especially I would say 9 out of 10 times the algorithm grabs a different image than I want so I don't find them very meaningful.  I do like them for some notes so I still mostly use snippet view but the view would be much more useful if we could select the image displayed.

• Like 2
  • 3 months later...
  • Level 5*
1 hour ago, Dave-in-Decatur said:

Does the thumbnail view available in the current Windows version improve things for you at all? There's a similar discussion going on here:

Not that I can tell.  It seems to use a different algorithm than snippet view.  Snippet view will show one pic on the page.  Thumbnail view appears to be trying to show a full image of the page and not just a single pic on it.

• Like 1
  • 1 year later...
On 6/3/2016 at 10:04 AM, amanda_h said:

Hi @MrGilbert,

There is not a way to manually choose which image in a note is displayed in the snippet; Evernote will choose the image with the largest smallest dimension.

For example, if you have 3 images with the following dimensions:

75x100
100x400
200x300

The "smallest" dimensions are 75, 100, and 200, respectively. We're going to use the image with the largest of those "smallest" dimensions (i.e., 200).

The only way to "choose" which image is shown in the snippet is to manipulate the dimensions of the photo using a third party application.

I have manipulated the photo that I would like to have displayed in the snippet and it still does not appear in the snippet even though it is now the largest smallest photo. I manipulated it in Photoshop.

I am still confused about this. Please elaborate. Is it not possible for me to manipulate a photo to appear in the snippet?

• Level 5*
22 minutes ago, triceartist said:

it still does not appear in the snippet even though it is now the largest smallest photo.

You could try moving your images to a new note.

• 1 year later...