(Archived) EV 3.0 Color

swami

Idea

17 replies to this idea

When I look at the Resources folder for Evernote though, the colour icons are still there

That is because the coloured icons are used when Evernote is installed on Snow Leopard as far as I have understood. It has already been commented that Evernote most likely will not be offering the option to have the coloured icons.

I have to say I'm pretty allergic to the complete grey look in Mac OS X Lion as well - it's the biggest (perhaps the only) drawback with Lion so far. And I find it disturbing to see other apps (like Evernote) following suit.

When I look at the Resources folder for Evernote though, the colour icons are still there, meaning that this is handled the same way the Finder, Mail, iTunes all handle these icons - some kind of mask is imposed on the icons.

Now, I'm not a programmer, but it seems to me that Apple is including this masking code with Lion, and that the Finder, Mail, iTunes and also third-party application vendors like Evernote are making use of this code. Is it possible to find this code and disable this somehow?

Maybe Apple and Evernote don't want to provide this simple functionality, but perhaps some enterprising programmer somewhere is up to the task.

Archived