Which Forum can I aks technical issues

• Level 5*

Hi.  You are now in the correct Forum.  Can you explain your issue in more detail?  Where are you downloading from; where were you trying to save the file;  how did you try to start a download and what exactly happened?

• Level 5

Normally this is no issue on a Mac: Open the note, click on the download symbol, specify in the Finder window where to, click OK and done. If the pdf is shown, the same symbol is in the pdf header.

If it does not work, check whether EN has all the necessary access rights in the Macs settings, Apple menu, settings, Security. Look up all points in the list in the privacy tab, and check everything that has to do with Evernote.

Download.png.6466ec4a769cdb593edfce5375303c62.png

• Level 5*
4 hours ago, Mata Hari said:

Could not download an attachment like pdf ?

For note with an attachment like pdf1338564005_ScreenShot2020-02-14at7_43_34AM.png.a110974128bcff3d5fa97eafa98ec17b.png
a copy has already been downloaded to your Mac

Right-clicking the attachment displays various options including
Save As ...
View Inline

• Level 5*
17 hours ago, Mata Hari said:

Could not download an attachment like pdf ?

9 hours ago, Mata Hari said:

The pdf was not downloaded or exported

39 minutes ago, Mata Hari said:

I can export it but not to the Download folder. There are some problems with permission to this folder, cannot figure out what it is.

Here are my screenshots after right clicking on the pdf attachment

1471852112_ScreenShot2020-02-14at8_49_19PM.png.b8cb8ce20615e5d102b5d516f7980308.png     1283354756_ScreenShot2020-02-14at8_51_19PM.png.ae027284183166adb212ebdf2cab9bf3.png

• Level 5

And why among all places available MUST it be the Download folder ?

The Download folder on a Mac is a system folder, and it is restricted. It is used by the system to store things from the internet, and I think (without knowing) that Apple has it sandboxed, not to allow anything to escape from there. This means it does not work as other folders. I have experienced some restrictions with the handling of downloaded files that were in that folder.

Create an own folder, call it MyDownloads, or whatever, and push the stuff there. Or collect stuff on the desktop, and when your are done with downloading, collect it to a folder to move on.