How to make sure anything sent to Evernote via email is stored into the relevant notebook with correct tags

Hello there,

Sometimes, I have to send material to my Evernote account via email.

If I don't write @ notebook in the subject line of my email, a note is created in Evernote in any notebook, apparently chosen randomly....

There is worse : apparently, Evernote choses arbitrarily a set of  tags that it adds to the newly created note, without ever prompting me.

Is there a specific algorith Evernote is using to assign such or such notebook or tags to any incoming mail based material ?

Thanks in advance for your kind support,

BTW, it has been impossible to log in to the Evernote website in order to send this request directly to the support team, as it keeps looping back to a suposedly log out page...

• Like 1
  • Level 5

There is a sort of AI option that will try to choose a notebook and even tags based on content. From my experience, it works bad, and will not learn even if you correct the pick several times, and the notes are pretty similar to each other.

It depends on where you deliver notes from, and on which client you are working. There are even settings in the webclipper to control this.

But in any case you can switch off the „intelligent“ options and revert to just define a standard notebook, that can of course be overwritten by tools like the @-notebook-entry when sending yourself an e-Mail.

I prefer to import into my standard notebook called @inbox, and then move it further after tagging using GTD philosophy for the daily and weekly review.

• Like 1
  • Level 5*
52 minutes ago, Philippe Petit @ Versaille said:

There is worse : apparently, Evernote choses arbitrarily a set of  tags that it adds to the newly created note, without ever prompting me.

I turned off auto filing and control the assignment manually

More info at https://help.evernote.com/hc/en-us/articles/209005347-How-to-save-email-into-Evernote