Using EN as a mapped, GPS-enabled photo diary

I'd like to just be able to open an app, snap a photo (or attach multiple photos) of a landscape, place to visit, restaurant, campsite, whatever - and see those items as pins on a map. Or at least arrange them by distance. 

For a while I've been using ScoutLog for this purpose. I may try the Journey app as well. Is there a way I could just do this with Evernote, though?

• Level 5*
18 hours ago, yozz said:

I'd like to just be able to open an app, snap a photo (or attach multiple photos) of a landscape, place to visit, restaurant, campsite, whatever - and see those items as pins on a map. Or at least arrange them by distance. 

For a while I've been using ScoutLog for this purpose. I may try the Journey app as well. Is there a way I could just do this with Evernote, though?

Notes store location coordinates, but mapping is not an Evernote feature
Third party IdeaPlaces is available for IOS

Using location data, IdeaPlaces transforms each note into a visual point on a map which are then automatically named with the help of Foursquare. In an instant, you have a new way to search and find notes. With a visual experience created around this new context, you can now explore your notes based on where and when they took place. Finding new use cases for Evernote, or even finding a first one, has never been easier. Attach a location-based reminder to your notes to help integrate Evernote into your daily life!

IdeaPlaces provides one of the fastest and most robust ways to create a new note in Evernote. Whenever you take a note, from any screen in the app, the context of your current location is automatically added to the note.  Along with the ability to create notebooks and tags during the note creation process, you can use your contact book to easily share notes by SMS or email.CEADEDE8-143E-4C6C-95A0-BBC25EE64450.thumb.jpeg.0a1043160aeb71f0875a79497222c768.jpeg

• 2 years later...
  • Level 5*
On 5/5/2021 at 11:32 AM, michiyni said:

I have some questions about GPS . Who can help me? I want to go on a trip, and I need some advice.

It might be useful to post the question(s) you have - if they're relevant to Evernote - so we can evaluate whether anyone can help.  If it's a question of geolocation of images though,  Evernote is probably not going to help a great deal (and it's not a great place to store images) but you might checkout https://what3words.com/products/what3words-app/

• 4 weeks later...

Are there any other solutions? That app seems to have disappeared. I have been wanting geolocation data in EN for years. It used to work. Sort of. But just now there isn't any map at all when looking at the "info" for a note. At least on my Mac laptop. Must have happened with the last update. It seems like such a useful thing for notes. So many professionals of all kinds need the location data for the notes they take...

• Level 5*
38 minutes ago, The Pawnbroker said:

Are there any other solutions?

https://www.digitalcameraworld.com/uk/tutorials/learn-how-to-add-what3words-location-information-to-your-photos

Google,  and probably other mapping sites have similar options.  Legacy Evernote will track locations if you turn that on in settings - unsure when or if that will make it back to v10.  It may help to enquire from Support - https://help.evernote.com/hc/requests/new

• Level 5

@The Pawnbroker what you mention was called Atlas, and it was eliminated from EN several years ago. Probably they took it off because it needed a (paid ?) license.

When you have a feature that only a fraction of users activate, but you need to pay for all, the economical logic speaks against maintaining it. Probably this was the reason they canceled it and put the money elsewhere.

EN iOS has a map feature when GPS is active for EN in privacy settings. But it shows the location of that single note, not of a group of notes.

Apart from this EN is a pretty weak program to organize your photos, with or without Atlas.