Serious lag when selecting tag

I am a business user with about 26k notes. I primarily use tags to sort everything, I have just under 10 notebooks. The tags works as my case file. I use the mac software.  When I type a name in the search bar and select the tag I want there is a serious lag.  I thought it might be my computer, as I have been using a 2012 macbook air. I just got the new macbook and reinstalled evernote.  The lag is shortened but it is still there. It is incredibly frustrating to wait 20-30 seconds every time I select a tag. 

Anybody have any solutions? I pay a lot for evernote with multiple users I may have to switch services.

• Level 5*
1 hour ago, AronsLaw said:

When I type a name in the search bar and select the tag I want there is a serious lag.  . . .  

It is incredibly frustrating to wait 20-30 seconds every time I select a tag.

I agree this is unacceptable.  I believe this is caused by Evernote trying to do a search as you type (i.e. "incremental search") each character in the Search box.  This is a ludicrous design.

I almost never want Evernote to search for Notes as I type.  I want Evernote to wait until I've finished typing, and press RETURN.  Here's why:

1. A search on my incomplete entry will almost never find the same notes as it does when I finish my entry.
  2. I often make typos, which I then correct, as I type.  The typos obviously cause Evernote to search for the wrong Notes.
  3. I open have two or more search terms, like "intitle:SomeKeyWord"  tag:SomeTag1  tag:SomeTag2".  Obviously the Search won't find the proper notes until I have finished my entry.
  4. As @AronsLaw indicated, the incremental Search can greatly slow down the process.

ATTN: @Evernote: (  @Chantal Leonard, @Johnathan Hebert, @Jason Miller )  

Please remove, or provide a Preference setting to disable, the incremental search behavior of the Search box.

What would be very welcome is for the App to provide incremental auto-complete as the user types.  For example:

• AS I TYPE           Autocomplete
  • int                         intitle:
  • ta                          tag:
  • etc                        Provide autocomplete for all search qualifiers
  • tag:so                   After the "tag:" qualifier, provide list of matching tags as I type, just like how the Tag Filter works
  • intitle:                   After the "intitle:" qualifier, provide list of matching words from my Note Titles, from Notes in the same order as the current Sort order.
  • etc
That should give you a good idea of what I want.  I'm sure if you guys brainstorm this idea, you will come up with a lot of great autocompletion rules.

Hey. Appreciate the response. But the issue I have is when you start typing in a search and tags are suggested. When you select the suggested tag you want, there is a serious lag in how long it takes the system to pull up your tagged notes. 

Anyone else having issues like this? 

On 1/13/2019 at 11:04 PM, AronsLaw said:

I am a business user with about 26k notes. I primarily use tags to sort everything, I have just under 10 notebooks. The tags works as my case file. I use the mac software.  When I type a name in the search bar and select the tag I want there is a serious lag.  I thought it might be my computer, as I have been using a 2012 macbook air. I just got the new macbook and reinstalled evernote.  The lag is shortened but it is still there. It is incredibly frustrating to wait 20-30 seconds every time I select a tag. 

Anybody have any solutions? I pay a lot for evernote with multiple users I may have to switch services.

Same here. I'm having this issue when filtering by tag. I click it and start to wait for a while, then tags loading and be able to write for searching tag. It's really decreasing my productivity.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Level 5*
6 minutes ago, AronsLaw said:

This is just so frustrating. I will have to switch services due to this lag.  I don't understand why it can't be addressed. 

Hi - what does Support have to say about it?

I've been told for months they are aware and working on it.  They also told me  a work around is to just type tag:____ and the actual tag. But obviously this doesn't help because it takes much longer, but mostly, you have to know exactly how you worded the tag for the correct notes to appear. 

Archived