ezdizzy

Left Panel will not UNcollapse

About a week ago the left panel of the desktop interface collapsed and will not uncollapse.  I've tried F10, I've uninstalled and reinstalled the program. I've repeatedly tried to check the box next to "Left Panel" in the View drop down menu. All to no avail.  Help? 

2018-12-13_14-50-29.jpg

27 minutes ago, ezdizzy said:

About a week ago the left panel of the desktop interface collapsed and will not uncollapse.  I've tried F10, I've uninstalled and reinstalled the program. I've repeatedly tried to check the box next to "Left Panel" in the View drop down menu. All to no avail.  Help? 

F10 should work for sure, still works for me anyway.  Do you have one of those keyboards where you have to have the Fn key depressed or anything like that? 

Have you tried View - Left Panel?

Yes, I have a keyboard where I need to use Fn depressed for the F keys.  I have tried the View>Left Panel click repeatedly.  No luck 

Grasping at straws, but have you tried removing the dark theme in the left panel?  Which version of Evernote is this?

1 hour ago, ezdizzy said:

Yes, I have a keyboard where I need to use Fn depressed for the F keys.  I have tried the View>Left Panel click repeatedly.  No luck 

How about a File - Exit from EN and then reboot your machine.

If the other suggestions don't work, try uninstalling once again, then before reinstalling, delete the following directory if still present: C:\Program Files (x86)\Evernote.  Then rename the following directory into something else: C:\Users\your_name\Evernote

(it can serve as a backup in case some notes are missing, though an export would be better).

These two steps should remove almost all traces of Evernote before you reinstall it.   If they don't help, try using some uninstall utility that searches for all traces of programs to remove them, then try again.

Thanks everyone for the quick response.  Before having to try the directory deletion route, I found that the exit of the program and the re-start of the machine seemed to do the trick.  Thanks again everyone for the prompt responses.  

• Like 1

You are welcome.   Glad it is sorted.

Hey all--

This issue has reared it's head again.  I file>exit-ed evernote, powered down the machine, powered back up, and the issue still persisted. I uninstalled and reinstalled the software, issue still persists.  I deleted and renamed directories per the above comment. Issue still persists. Is there any way for me to escalate this with Evernote? Or does anyone have other ideas? 

Well, you could try the link below, but in my experience, their ability to help you largely  depends on being able to duplicate your problem consistently, though your Activity Log may give them some clue if errors are present:

https://www.evernote.com/SupportLogin.action

Personally I suspect a possible program conflict, but nothing specific comes to mind.

Thanks for the link. Unfortunately, I am only a 'basic' user, so I don't have access to any support options other than this forum.  

6 hours ago, ezdizzy said:

Thanks for the link. Unfortunately, I am only a 'basic' user, so I don't have access to any support options other than this forum.  

I thought @evernotehelps was also available to Basic users?

In the registry (HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Evernote\Evernote) there is a key called ShowLeftPane. You could try setting that to 1 when you have completely exited Evernote (check that the Clipper and Tray application are closed as well in the Task manager.

• Like 1