Why so many background processes?

rimboma

Idea

There are 6 Evernote background processes running on my machine when Evernote is open. Is it necessary? What do they do? The total memory utilization is circa 200 MB. The last bit is for information. This is not my main concern. I'm curious whether Evernote operates on my system correctly.

irfan_20180908_184523.jpg

9 replies to this idea

• Level 5*

Yes, though that seems to be relatively new. It used to be just the Evernote.EXE app, EvernoteClipper, and EvernoteTray. I am not sure when the subprocess part came about, but it is on mine as well, and that appears normal.

• Level 5*
9 hours ago, EdH said:

Yes, though that seems to be relatively new. It used to be just the Evernote.EXE app, EvernoteClipper, and EvernoteTray. I am not sure when the subprocess part came about, but it is on mine as well, and that appears normal.

Some releases back when all that infrastructure work was in play, a year or more?  A guess can't remember exactly.

• Level 5*
4 hours ago, CalS said:

Some releases back when all that infrastructure work was in play, a year or more?  A guess can't remember exactly.

Something has to render all of those emoticons. ?

15 minutes ago, jefito said:

Per @dconnet, the subprocesses are required by the version of the CEF that they use to render and interact with your notes. Awhile back, they moved from CEF 1 (one subprocess required) to CEF 3 (several subprocesses required).

v6.8 was when CEF3 was introduced.

18 hours ago, jefito said:

Yeah, I'll bet you can could show off the scars from that one... :) 

Scars? That would assume they're healing! (I'm thanking $deity I avoided getting dragged into that. I've just been annoying you guys with things like the bold titles!)

Archived