Evernote for Job Search record keeping

I've been using Evernote to keep track of my activities related to a LONG period of job searching. I set up one Job Search notebook, within that I have a note entitle Daily Job Search Journal which is a LONG continuous compendium of daily (nearly) activities for the last 4 years. Each day is dated, followed by a bullet list of "spoke with Name with Company regarding an Opportunity in City" and other variants for emails (sent and received), applications submitted, resumes sent, and rejections received. The note is HUGE. The rest of the notebook is full of clipped job descriptions.

Does anyone have a better model for doing this? I suppose I could create a link in the journal that points to the clipped job description, but I haven't bothered. I suppose I could also keep a resume and/or cover letter in the notebook so it is at my fingertips should I meet someone interested in seeing (or receiving) it....

Any suggestion(s) would be welcome.

Mark

• 2 years later...

An unusual way to keep records of work. However, it seems to me that this can be very convenient. When my friend was looking for a job, he found vacancies and collected them in one document. In the document, he described everything that interests him about this vacancy. Friends joked with him and said that he was bothering too much. But he paid no attention. Most of the candidates that he scanned were remote qa testing jobs. So, after a while, a friend sent a resume to several selected companies. After interviewing them, he also entered notes on the document. And thanks to this careful selection, he was able to find a suitable position for himself. Now the friend works in a good company and has a high salary.

• Level 5

Just a few ideas:

Split the note. Put them all into one notebook, or use tags to be able to select them.

Make it yearly, or monthly.

Use a convention to structure the note Title to make sure it sorts conveniently. Don’t say „July 2020 …“, don’t say „07-2020 …“ - call it „2020-07 …” Then sort by name is sort by date.

Put a table inside that helps with structured information, one column for each type, plus a remarks column.

Create a template to make it easy to start a new month.

Create a Table-of-Content Note, to jump quickly between notes.

Hope you will be able to put the final entry into it soon.

• 2 years later...

For a more streamlined approach, consider creating separate notes for each job application with a concise summary and a link to the detailed info. This way, your Daily Job Search Journal remains a quick overview, and you can easily navigate to specifics.Including a link to clipped job descriptions is a great idea! It adds a layer of organization and makes retrieval a breeze. Also, having your resume and cover letter in the same notebook is a smart move for quick access during networking.