Blackmailed by Evernote ?

gakita

Hello

I own a little company, 3 workers. I use Evernote Business for managing my documents.

Today, i receive an email from evernote telling my Business account has been desactivated (from a noreply ).

ALL our  business documents stored in Evernote disappeared with NO notice (all terminal).

No reason given.

No notification.

Just my business documents gone.

Evernote support team does not answer (Chat offline).

Instruction given in https://help.evernote.com/hc/en-us/requests/new?ticket_form_id=255948 send me to nowhere.

I honestly did not  imagine Evernote team could behave like that.

I feel Blackmailed.

=> Evernote does not respond to email, 

=> ticket are unresponded

=> Forum  thread  keep being: Your content will need to be approved by a moderator .  Is that to ensure i dont get community help ?

• Level 5*

Hi.  We're a (mainly) user-supported forum,  but I flagged your post for attention by an employee.  Normally accounts get closed for payment problems,  so contacting Support is the only way to resolve this sort of issue.  Just after a major holiday week I'd imagine the team are pretty busy,  but hopefully someone will get back to you soon.  Meantime you could try Twitter and @EvernoteHelps to get in touch...

My documents were taken away from me. No notification, no support, no answer....  No possibility for me to backup then.... 

It is IMPORTANT not to rely on evernote for important document, RISK is EVERNOTE to take document away, with noo notification. This is what happened to me.

• Level 5*

I don't know the situation here,  so can't comment other than to say that the account presumably got closed at renewal time for some payment issue or other.

If you have essential documents it would be a good idea to save a backup copy to something to which you will have access even if the Business account is unavailable.  Its also critical to make sure that the payment methods in place are up to date and accessible to Evernote when the renewal falls due. 

Currently, all our business documents are unavailable.

Our business is fully stopped now.

This situation is VERY prejudiciable for us.

Chat is offline. 

I have an active  "business" plan, fully paid with several users asking me where are their document.

Evernote hurts our business very bad.

• Level 5*

...continued from your other thread...

I'm not a business user,  so I don't know exactly what happens when an account is blocked,  but you're now saying that you can see some notes in your browser - have you logged in with the correct details?  If you use the same ID on both web and your local device,  you should see the same notes.  The most common cause of missing notes is an incorrect login.  Evernote do not delete or hide notes,  even if your account reverts to the Basic (free) version.  You should still be able to see all your notes.

Business users should receive priority support - I do not know why you're having a problem with that,  but if the account you're logging in with has gone back to the 'free' level,  support requests are treated as low priority.  I did flag your previous post for our Admin staff to look at,  and they usually respond within a day or two.  Meantime I suggest you follow up with the chat session,  and try Twitter too.  Evernote will be busy at this time of year,  but they will get around to you soon...

• Level 5

@gakita Thank you for reaching out to us. I was able to locate your support ticket, and it appears you are already working with our technical support team to resolve this issue. For best results, you'll want to reply back to the support ticket you have open currently. As this may be related to a payment issue, we won't really be able to provide more in-depth support via the forums.

• Level 5*
8 hours ago, gakita said:

Relying on Evernote for important documents was a bad choice i made.

I'm using Evernote for all my documents.  So far, it's working well for me.

You might consider having a backup process in place.  
If/When my Evernote data is not accessible, for whatever reason, I switch to my backups.

Did you find out why your Business Account was deactivated?

On 1/3/2018 at 5:08 AM, gakita said:

It is IMPORTANT not to rely on evernote for important document, RISK is EVERNOTE to take document away, with noo notification

On 1/3/2018 at 6:47 AM, gakita said:

Currently, all our business documents are unavailable.

Our business is fully stopped now.

On 1/3/2018 at 6:47 AM, gakita said:

Evernote hurts our business very bad.

Far is it for me to blame you for a problem possibly caused by Evernote, the company or software, but I have to admit I feel somewhat baffled that documents apparently crucial to your business are only available in Evernote up to the point that when (never if; always when) something happens, you have no backup?

To others reading this thread; always backup your data. Do regular ENEX exports (not forgetting that notebook information is not exported and note links will break upon import), HTML exports, save attachments, and copy your local database somewhere. The more information you have in Evernote or the more important the information is, hte more crucial backups become.

Turning around to your family and saying "oops, our 10 years of family notes are gone forever", or turning to your colleagues and saying "nope, that was our only copy" is permissible but maybe not acceptable ;)

Archived