Temporary workspace (TWS)

MadeByGrandad

Idea

A place to put several Evernote notes at the same time while wanting quick access to them all.  

Cooking is a good example.  Choose the recipes for a meal and put them into the TWS (I suggest add an option to the ‘up-arrow’ send-to tool - ‘workspace....’). This wouldn’t involve any new tags or moving folders. When doing the cooking all the correct recipes would be together in the TWS so that you could skip backwards and forwards without any searching.

When the cooking is over, clear the TWS and everything is back where it started.

Currently, when selecting recipes, I give each recipe a tag ‘xxx’ and then use a saved search to achieve something similar but not very convenient and the tags have to be reset at the end.

3 replies to this idea

• Level 5*
3 hours ago, MadeByGrandad said:

I use a "Hot Notes" tag.  

I have a shortcut at the top of the Shortcut section (my version of a TWS section)

>>the tags have to be reset at the end

Right; I use the tag when required, and then remove it afterwards

• Level 5*

Hi.  Interesting suggestion - no doubt there will be more opinions...

Me too with the tag - easy to apply and quick to delete;  also I move notes to an 'In Progress' notebook if I need them isolated over more than one working session,  or open them in separate windows (desktop) that I can switch between as necessary.  There are also saved searches,  'recent notes' lists,  sorting by updated dates,  sharing with another (free) account as a dedicated 'reader' access...  lots of ways to achieve this end without a specific workspace.

• Level 5*
9 hours ago, MadeByGrandad said:

A place to put several Evernote notes at the same time while wanting quick access to them all.  

Cooking is a good example.  Choose the recipes for a meal and put them into the TWS (I suggest add an option to the ‘up-arrow’ send-to tool - ‘workspace....’). This wouldn’t involve any new tags or moving folders. When doing the cooking all the correct recipes would be together in the TWS so that you could skip backwards and forwards without any searching.

When the cooking is over, clear the TWS and everything is back where it started.

Currently, when selecting recipes, I give each recipe a tag ‘xxx’ and then use a saved search to achieve something similar but not very convenient and the tags have to be reset at the end.

Another workaround for this is to create a temporary notebook to swap the notes in and out of.

Archived