• Announcements

    • Shane D.

      Evernote Business Beta - Spaces   12/20/2017

      We're very excited to announce the public beta of an upcoming rework for Evernote Business! To learn more, go Here
    • Shane D.

      2018 Evernote Webinars   01/04/2018

      To kick off the new year, we're excited to announce our  updated schedule for our series of webinars! Please check the events calendar to see which one works best for you!
    • Shane D.

      Upcoming Forum Change Announcement   02/14/2018

      Hi All! You may be seeing some changes with overall organization and layout of the discussion forums. You can learn more by going to the 'Upcoming Forum Change Announcement' in the 'Community Announcements' sub-forum!  
  • 0
Fred V.

Application to make nice pdf or print out of Evernote

Idea

Hello,

I've been asking for more printing settings in Evernote for years but I think Evernote people don't care at all about users printing their notes.

I would love to be able to change some settings when I'm printing or exporting to .PDF : set margins, fit to page, define header or footer, etc

Is there an application that could open a Evernote database and convert some notes to PDF with such configuration settings ?

I've read about ExportNote, I'm waiting for an answer from the Support Team @Jerome S ?

Do you use another tool to make customized exports of Evernote ?

Thanks

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

9 replies to this idea

Recommended Posts

  • 0
9 minutes ago, Fred V. said:

Do you use another tool to make customized exports of Evernote ?

The Mac/Win platforms allow for export to html format which you can open with a browser
From there, you're dealing with the browser print options

A cloud solution is cloudHQ

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0
1 hour ago, Fred V. said:

Hello,

I've been asking for more printing settings in Evernote for years but I think Evernote people don't care at all about users printing their notes.

I would love to be able to change some settings when I'm printing or exporting to .PDF : set margins, fit to page, define header or footer, etc

Is there an application that could open a Evernote database and convert some notes to PDF with such configuration settings ?

I've read about ExportNote, I'm waiting for an answer from the Support Team @Jerome S ?

Do you use another tool to make customized exports of Evernote ?

Thanks

There is as page set up option in windows margins and the like.  Personally I modify the print preferences for the printer I have selected, be it an actual printer or a PDF print engine.  Most of the options other than maybe header/footer are included therein.  A standard place to set all the normal print formatting options might be nice. 

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0
14 hours ago, CalS said:

There is as page set up option in windows margins and the like.  Personally I modify the print preferences for the printer I have selected, be it an actual printer or a PDF print engine.  Most of the options other than maybe header/footer are included therein.  A standard place to set all the normal print formatting options might be nice. 

Hello,

Yes for Windows, but for Mac there is no margin settings ..

Printing a note from a Mac gives an ugly result, :( too much emmpty space

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0
16 hours ago, DTLow said:

The Mac/Win platforms allow for export to html format which you can open with a browser
From there, you're dealing with the browser print options

A cloud solution is cloudHQ

You are right, exporting to html then printing is quite a nice idea.. I can also use tools to convert these html to pdf ..

Maybe I don't need a specific tool to do what i want .. thanks @DTLow

 

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0

It's not ideal.  For example, I took a note from EN and exported it to html.  I then saved it as a pdf file.  Everything looks OK except that all the inline images were omitted from the pdf.  Instead I have a little icon next to each one saying "inline image".  Ideally it should take whatever content is on my EN note and copy that over identically into the pdf document that it creates.

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0

Which platform?

Evernote on the Mac platform has a direct convert to pdf feature; I don't need to do the html step

If I exported to html, I'd open in a browser and see the images; then print to pdf

Either way, I don't lose the images

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0
1 hour ago, idoc said:

It's not ideal.  For example, I took a note from EN and exported it to html.  I then saved it as a pdf file.  Everything looks OK except that all the inline images were omitted from the pdf.  Instead I have a little icon next to each one saying "inline image".  Ideally it should take whatever content is on my EN note and copy that over identically into the pdf document that it creates.

Have you tried the Print to PDF option?

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0

in Evernote Widnows 6.7.4 and next versions there is a bug with the Print to PDF.  Some images of the notes are just vanished in the PDF created. (this happen randomly).
ticket # 2320336

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now