Ctrl+Alt+N creates note but doesn't put focus on it

For some reason the use of that shortcut creates a new note but does not actually put the PC's focus on the note.

It does put the cursor in the note (I have my EN set to put it in the Title, but that doesn't matter one way or another on this focus issue).

However, window focus remains on whatever you had it on just before creating the note.

Is this an issue with the way the Windows 10 OS works, or is there a small bug here?

Obviously the ideal situation would be the PC's focus would be on the new Evernote note as it opens so you can just start typing. Otherwise you have to grip the mouse and click on the new note window which kind of dampens the euphoria of having instant-note-generation through the shortcut to begin with.

(EN version 6.7.4.5741)

• Level 5

Curious. For me (with Windows 7 and an earlier version of Evernote; see my signature below) I find that the focus does move to the new note, as it should. Has this been happening for awhile, or did it just start recently? It  could be that something has gotten "stuck" in memory. You could try quitting EN completely (File > Exit, not the red X/Close button, which only closes the interface), then restarting, and see if the problem persists.

• Level 5*
4 hours ago, hanseric said:

For some reason the use of that shortcut creates a new note but does not actually put the PC's focus on the note.

It does put the cursor in the note (I have my EN set to put it in the Title, but that doesn't matter one way or another on this focus issue).

However, window focus remains on whatever you had it on just before creating the note.

Is this an issue with the way the Windows 10 OS works, or is there a small bug here?

Obviously the ideal situation would be the PC's focus would be on the new Evernote note as it opens so you can just start typing. Otherwise you have to grip the mouse and click on the new note window which kind of dampens the euphoria of having instant-note-generation through the shortcut to begin with.

(EN version 6.7.4.5741)

Does this happen in all views, circumstances?  Might try File - Exit and restarting EN to see if that clears it up.

Strange. I restarted my PC and it was still doing it. Then I restarted EN, still doing it. Then randomly, it just stopped happening. At the moment focus is going to the EN window. So I guess I'll just have to keep watching to see if I can figure out what's happening, assuming it occurs again.  I make an awful lot of notes so if it's going to happen again I'll catch it.

Thanks for the interest and suggestions everyone.

• Level 5*
3 hours ago, Dave-in-Decatur said:

Yes, Cal, but now the **** is so much less likely to be explicable, or even comprehensible. A real advance, no? I like the happy face; but for my own computer-based "happenings" I think a malevolent leer would be more fitting.

images.png.5f49c3cc337fe6131ef0b7b688507eb8.png

Archived