Indent Tables

x9sim9

Idea

10 replies to this idea

• Level 5*

How about we push the rest of the note back to where it used to be at the left margin.  Then the table would be automatically indented.  Same result and we pick up some real estate.

• Like 1

It would be great to have ability to indent tables aswell. If it part of a note with some bullet hierarchy, indenting rest of the notes at the same level might not be convenient.

9 minutes ago, Grant837 said:

Yes, the ability to indent (or freely locate) tables, and also attachments icons is key to good organization - which I thought Evernote was all about?

I found out if I make a bullet first, and paste the shortcut that it remains indented with the bullet.  I assume this will work for files too.

Alas, this does not work for tables

On 7/14/2021 at 4:58 PM, PinkElephant said:

Tables already are difficult to display on mobile devices. When indented even less will be left visible on a phone’s display. I am not sure this is a good idea under all aspects.

There's a meme here somewhere.

If you don't like indented tables on your mobile device, don't use them.

But don't punish those of us who would benefit from a feature because it might cause a problem on mobile devices.

For me, Evernote is unusable on my mobile device, so I don't use it on a mobile device.

• Level 5

The note editor is build for simple, fast note taking. It is designed to work the same on all platforms - and this was an explicit user demand from the time when there were 5 different clients, any of them working differently, and having no matching feature sets.

Now we have it unified, and that’s it.

If you want extended layout control, use a word processor or page layout software.