Why can't I re-create this notebook structure?

As you can see in the pic, I have a notebook that is nested called GTD (noted by the arrow). I cannot recreate this structure! Was it that Evernote used to support nested folders so mine is a holdover from the old days, and now they only have Stacks? I don't like stacks b/c they don't show up at the top like notebooks, they only show up under the tags section.

Is there a way to make more of what I have here?

Nested Folder.jpg

• Level 5*
On 2016-12-31 at 4:07 PM, CGW3 said:

As you can see in the pic, I have a notebook that is nested called GTD (noted by the arrow). I cannot recreate this structure! Was it that Evernote used to support nested folders so mine is a holdover from the old days, and now they only have Stacks? I don't like stacks b/c they don't show up at the top like notebooks, they only show up under the tags section.

Is there a way to make more of what I have here?

As you noted, there is no hierarchy in the Notebook feature.  You can only use Stacks for a collection of Notebooks

The Tags feature allows a hierarchy
For example, you can use this structure

Tasks
     Active
     In Progress
     Completed
     Priority
          Critical

Projects
     Axxxxx
     Bxxxxx
     Cxxxxx

As an added benefit, you can assign multiple tags to a note.
For example, In Progress, Critical, Axxxxxx

>>I don't like stacks b/c they don't show up at the top like notebooks, Screen Shot 2017-01-02 at 8.00.23 AM.png
they only show up under the tags section.

Here's how stacks show on my Mac

• Level 5*
On 12/31/2016 at 7:07 PM, CGW3 said:

I'm guessing that you do not have a nested notebook named 'GTD'; it's almost certainly a stack. Notice that it's not showing any note counts as the other notebooks are. Evernote has not had nested notebooks for at least 8 years now (when I first joined), and maybe never. Stacks are not shown in the tags section (since stacks are not tags); they show up at the top level of notebook section, at the same level as notebooks that are not in stacks.

• Level 5*

It looks like you have a GTD stack containing the In tray, Projects, and Reference notebooks.  It only looks like Projects and Reference are under In Tray because of the default notebook icon.  You can only have two levels with notebooks. 

Archived