[Solved] Change note font for all my notes

• Level 5*
14 minutes ago, SvenSND said:

I was wondering if there was a way to change the font of all my note. I don't wish to change the size, but just the font type. Is this possible ?

Which platform.  On my Mac, I can set a default font in Evernote PreferencesScreen Shot 2016-10-17 at 11.47.22 AM.png

• Like 1
  • Level 5*
23 minutes ago, SvenSND said:

i want to change the font of all my existing notes. The defaut font only applies to the new notes and not the old ones :'(

Just brainstorming: export your notes in xml format; use a script or text editor to update the fonts; import the notes

• Level 5*
2 hours ago, SvenSND said:

Thanks DTLow. I've manage to change the defaut font, but i want to change the font of all my existing notes. The defaut font only applies to the new notes and not the old ones :'(

After you change the default font you have to File - Exit out of EN and then restart EN for the font change to take.  Any other fonts that have been used to override the default will not change.

• Like 1

Thanks to you both. Csihilling, it's perfectly working, the font seems to have been changed in a lot of notes. EN is the best. Thank you very much for all your help

One more question : are the changed made on all available devices ? On tablet or android phone, I can't change the font. Am I right ?

• Like 1
  • Level 5*
6 hours ago, SvenSND said:

One more question : are the changed made on all available devices ? On tablet or android phone, I can't change the font. Am I right ?

I have no font options on my IOS devices

• Level 5*
16 hours ago, SvenSND said:

Thanks to you both. Csihilling, it's perfectly working, the font seems to have been changed in a lot of notes. EN is the best. Thank you very much for all your help

You are welcome.

• 5 months later...
On 10/18/2016 at 9:29 AM, DTLow said:

Just brainstorming: export your notes in xml format; use a script or text editor to update the fonts; import the notes

how would you do this? most text editors give you an option to edit the font within the text editor but when i export back to evernote, some notes are still not the one I want it to be

• Level 5*
12 hours ago, Edisonp0 said:

how would you do this? most text editors give you an option to edit the font within the text editor but when i export back to evernote, some notes are still not the one I want it to be

As others have pointed out; if you're using the default font, you only have to update your preferences

If you are not using the default font, the exported xml code will show code like this

<en-note><div><font style="font-size: 18px;" face="Arial">This note uses the Arial font</font></div></en-note>

You can use the text editor to change this code to another font

• 1 year later...

??‍♀️??‍♀️

Ummm Hello. I realize this thread began over 2years ago but I have yet to find an answer to one of the Q?s that wasn't answered.

I do NOT have a Mac and on Android I do NOT have a preference option to change font at all.  PC allows you to change individual fonts like one would do in an email but neither Android or PC offer preferences to make permanent changes.  Miserable since the update of checkboxes, everything went black.  No colored titles.... just boring af.?

• Super Guru
  • Guru.png.3ca95c8fd6a01c1143cfc0ea5a1c08d
  • 8,375 posts
  • Subscription:PREMIUM
  On 10/18/2016 at 1:30 AM, SvenSND said:

One more question : are the changed made on all available devices ? On tablet or android phone, I can't change the font. Am I right ?

You are welcome.

• 1 year later...

This works for making all fonts WITHIN a note all the same. It's quick. 

Open a note that has multiple font styles. 

Tap the three dots in the upper right hand corner. 

Select SIMPLIFY FORMATTING , then select SIMPLIFY FORMATTING in response. 

That's all there is to it.