Jump to content
SvenSND

[Solved] Change note font for all my notes

Recommended Posts

Hye dear Evernote members

I was wondering if there was a way to change the font of all my note. I don't wish to change the size, but just the font type. Is this possible ?

Have a great evening

Share this post


Link to post
14 minutes ago, SvenSND said:

I was wondering if there was a way to change the font of all my note. I don't wish to change the size, but just the font type. Is this possible ?

Which platform.  On my Mac, I can set a default font in Evernote PreferencesScreen Shot 2016-10-17 at 11.47.22 AM.png

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

Thanks DTLow. I've manage to change the defaut font, but i want to change the font of all my existing notes. The defaut font only applies to the new notes and not the old ones :'(

Share this post


Link to post
23 minutes ago, SvenSND said:

i want to change the font of all my existing notes. The defaut font only applies to the new notes and not the old ones :'(

Just brainstorming: export your notes in xml format; use a script or text editor to update the fonts; import the notes

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, SvenSND said:

Thanks DTLow. I've manage to change the defaut font, but i want to change the font of all my existing notes. The defaut font only applies to the new notes and not the old ones :'(

After you change the default font you have to File - Exit out of EN and then restart EN for the font change to take.  Any other fonts that have been used to override the default will not change.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

Thanks to you both. Csihilling, it's perfectly working, the font seems to have been changed in a lot of notes. EN is the best. Thank you very much for all your help

One more question : are the changed made on all available devices ? On tablet or android phone, I can't change the font. Am I right ?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
6 hours ago, SvenSND said:

One more question : are the changed made on all available devices ? On tablet or android phone, I can't change the font. Am I right ?

I have no font options on my IOS devices

Share this post


Link to post
16 hours ago, SvenSND said:

Thanks to you both. Csihilling, it's perfectly working, the font seems to have been changed in a lot of notes. EN is the best. Thank you very much for all your help

One more question : are the changed made on all available devices ? On tablet or android phone, I can't change the font. Am I right ?

You are welcome.

Share this post


Link to post
On 10/18/2016 at 9:29 AM, DTLow said:

Just brainstorming: export your notes in xml format; use a script or text editor to update the fonts; import the notes

how would you do this? most text editors give you an option to edit the font within the text editor but when i export back to evernote, some notes are still not the one I want it to be

Share this post


Link to post
12 hours ago, Edisonp0 said:

how would you do this? most text editors give you an option to edit the font within the text editor but when i export back to evernote, some notes are still not the one I want it to be

As others have pointed out; if you're using the default font, you only have to update your preferences

If you are not using the default font, the exported xml code will show code like this

<en-note><div><font style="font-size: 18px;" face="Arial">This note uses the Arial font</font></div></en-note>

You can use the text editor to change this code to another font

Share this post


Link to post

??‍♀️??‍♀️

Ummm Hello. I realize this thread began over 2years ago but I have yet to find an answer to one of the Q?s that wasn't answered.

I do NOT have a Mac and on Android I do NOT have a preference option to change font at all.  PC allows you to change individual fonts like one would do in an email but neither Android or PC offer preferences to make permanent changes.  Miserable since the update of checkboxes, everything went black.  No colored titles.... just boring af.?

  • Super Guru
  • Guru.png.3ca95c8fd6a01c1143cfc0ea5a1c08d
  •  3,146
  • 8,375 posts
  • Subscription:PREMIUM
  On 10/18/2016 at 1:30 AM, SvenSND said:

Thanks to you both. Csihilling, it's perfectly working, the font seems to have been changed in a lot of notes. EN is the best. Thank you very much for all your help

One more question : are the changed made on all available devices ? On tablet or android phone, I can't change the font. Am I right ?

You are welcome.

 

Share this post


Link to post

This works for making all fonts WITHIN a note all the same. It's quick. 

Open a note that has multiple font styles. 

Tap the three dots in the upper right hand corner. 

Select SIMPLIFY FORMATTING , then select SIMPLIFY FORMATTING in response. 

That's all there is to it. 

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...