How to make sure it's all locally downloaded?

I have Evernote on my iPhone. I need, before I travel (and thus have no wifi for some time), to make sure everything is locally downloaded. I want my info available even when there is no network. I've got plenty of room on the iPhone and want every note, and every attachment to be available locally so that I don't get "lack of connection" errors when trying to see my data. I tried it, and it doesn't seem to work - even if I sync while wifi is available and it looks like everything synchronized, inevitably when there's no wifi I find out that some attachment isn't downloaded. How do I tell it to download absolutely everything - notes, attachments, etc. locally to my device?

• Level 5*
35 minutes ago, mlevin77 said:

How do I tell it to download absolutely everything - notes, attachments, etc. locally to my device?

Offline use is documented here  https://help.evernote.com/hc/en-us/articles/209005177-How-to-set-up-offline-notebooks-on-mobile-devices

I access my settings and select my offline optionsIMG_0105.PNG

After adjusting my settings, I wait until the download is completed.  
Its a slow process, lasting days, 
I can verify the process using the Notebooks page

• Level 5*
51 minutes ago, mlevin77 said:

hmmm. I have already done that, and chosen "Download all notes", and yet last week when traveling, it told me it couldn't download an attachment inside one of my notes. How do I debug this?

My process would be to turn off my wifi and spot check my offline notes.
As to fixing an issue, my only solution is to flip the offline switch and let the download process repeat

• Level 5*
1 hour ago, mlevin77 said:

yeah makes sense, but I have > 600 notes with all kinds of attachments, I'd hate to have to do it to each one manually.

Do you have enough free storage on your device to hold your entire database?

• Level 5*

I've experienced the same issue discussed by the OP.  All notes in the selected offline notebooks are downloaded.  Some attachments are not.  I haven't done enough testing to see if there is a pattern to why some are not initially downloaded but I have experienced this in the past and again just now when I checked a notebook that I will need on an upcoming trip.  It does seem to be more of a problem on large files.  I find that if I first view the attachments on the iPhone (allowing them to download) they will be there available to me when I am later offline.  I'm trained to double check all the attachments in airplane mode that I may need when offline.  It is a pain ...

3 minutes ago, gazumped said:

I think 7.17 came out too quickly for the team to have included any fixes.  There was no follow up in the thread I posted to say that 7.17 cured anything...  :(

On this page

the last post said "Downloaded 7.17 onto my iPad, put it into airplane mode, everything is working fine now.  All notes available offline."

but apparently not...

Archived