Using email contacts

Hi all, I was attempting to send an email to my contacts via the evernote app.  However when typing names nothing would happen, naturally, i have no desire to copy and paste a dozen emails thats not going to be a sensible solution, is there an option im missing? I have it enabled in options for it to access outlook contacts for work chats but cant see anything for emails.  Had to copy note to onenote and email it from there.

Thanks in advance.

• Level 5*

Hi.  Evernote isn't a replacement email client,  so doesn't have some of the conveniences you might expect for email sending.  It will send to multiple emails if you copy and paste "email1,email2,email3,etc..." (without the quotes) into the email address box,  so you can set up a circulation list by setting up a list of addresses in a note and c/p from there.  Same applies to sharing to email lists - just paste the whole thing into the share dialogue box.

On 19/08/2016 at 2:04 PM, gazumped said:

Hi.  Evernote isn't a replacement email client,  so doesn't have some of the conveniences you might expect for email sending.  It will send to multiple emails if you copy and paste "email1,email2,email3,etc..." (without the quotes) into the email address box,  so you can set up a circulation list by setting up a list of addresses in a note and c/p from there.  Same applies to sharing to email lists - just paste the whole thing into the share dialogue box.

Surely then it would allow me to send the note to my email client? If I understand what you are saying... Evernote wrong do this as the feature is not present, but stops me doing it simply by sending it to my email client? 

• Level 5*

Evernote does not use your email client.  If you send mail through Evernote you will see a 'no-reply@evernote.com' as the sender address.  You can send an email to yourself and forward it through your own email client.

• 4 weeks later...

Does EN have plans to start using my email client? This would make things much easier. The same way it is using messaging clients such as what's app and iMessage. 

The reason for that is my contacts are already integrated in my email clients. As well as I would like to send email from ,y email account and not @evernote.com. 

• Level 5*
4 minutes ago, Talsaleh said:

Does EN have plans to start using my email client? This would make things much easier. The same way it is using messaging clients such as what's app and iMessage.

I've seen no indication of this.
Personally, I avoid using the Evernote email service, and use my own service.
At a minimum, I can copy/paste a note's content into my email

Archived