On my phone (LG G5), I can select "map" while in a notebook and view all the notes on a map.

On my tablet (LG VK810), it tells me "no notes with location info".  These are the same notes.  It also says "If enabled, notes on your device will appear on the map."  Is there a setting somewhere I'm missing that is enabled on my phone and not on my tablet?

• Level 5*

Hi.  Which versions of Evernote are you using on phone and tablet?  I'm on the latest beta 7.9.3 on my SG Note4,  and that doesn't have a 'maps' option that I'm aware of...

Hello @PaulWood,

The map feature will work when going into a specific notebook and then tapping on the three dots and selecting Map. In order to see what could be causing it not to appear in the options, please answer the following:

• What version of Android are you using on your LG VK810?
  • Are both devices using the same version of Evernote?

Thanks!

Hey @gazumped,

Hehehe...I was right there with you for a moment because it used to be elsewhere within the Evernote application. This is definitely useful in some cases if you aren't sure where you created a note, but know that you had the location settings enabled.

• Level 5*

Hi @Matt W. - yeah;  I had that honeymoon period where I have around 700 notes created exactly where I am now,  then a rather long blank period (the next 22,000 notes or so) when I switched the location feature off.  I tend to know where I am from note context,  so don't really need a real-world anchor point for my notes.  Google tracks me closely every day though so maybe I should give up and switch this back on...  :D

Hello @PaulWood,

This is definitely interesting that it wouldn't show this. Let's try logging out of the Evernote application and then signing back in on your Tablet.

To do this, please perform the following:

1.  Open the Evernote application for Android.
  2.  Swipe from the left side of the screen to the right to reveal the side menu.
  3.  Tap on your name/email address at the top and then choose "Sign Out" at the bottom of the page.
  4.  Once signed out, please log back in and allow the Evernote application to sync.
  • 2 weeks later...

@Matt W.

Not sure I can do that. I can't submit a support request without signing in, and signing in takes me directly to my evernote account. Selecting help from my account takes me back to the support request page, but not signed in. Signing in takes me back to my evernote account. I did the circle 3 or 4 times in both Chrome and MS Edge, and never was able to actually get to the support page while signed in.

• Level 5

@PaulWood, the trick may be to ignore that Sign In link at the top right of the screen. Evernote's Website always professes not to know that you are signed in for some reason. Once you know you've signed in, ignore that link, and just click the drop-down menu under What can we help you with? (Not that that dialog is all that easy to see either.) Proceed through the dropdowns: Technical Issues > Other > Report a Bug, and you should get a Submit ticket button. If not, you may have to click in the box under Not what you're looking for? to make the button show up. Frankly, that support page itself has so many peculiarities that it needs a serious overhaul, IMO.

27 minutes ago, Dave-in-Decatur said:

Evernote's Website always professes not to know that you are signed in for some reason. Once you know you've signed in, ignore that link, and just click the drop-down menu under What can we help you with? (Not that that dialog is all that easy to see either.) Proceed through the dropdowns: Technical Issues > Other > Report a Bug, and you should get a Submit ticket button. If not, you may have to click in the box under Not what you're looking for? to make the button show up. Frankly, that support page itself has so many peculiarities that it needs a serious overhaul, IMO.

Ah, got it. Thanks, ticket submitted.

Archived