Saving Forum Threads

So I have a few forum threads that span out over several pages (to be specific, they are on the World of Warcraft forum).. I have one that goes for 17 pages. I try to use the web clipper, but it fails and states that there is a 200mb size limit on notes. I'm assuming that the background image is what's causing so much data to be eaten up. I try to use "Simplified Article" but this just makes a mess of text that has no breaks or identifiers between posts.

I would like to use Evernote to read these forum threads, as you can place notes, make markings, and bookmark your most recent read post to save your place for when you return to the reading of the thread.

Any suggestions or solutions?

• Level 5
1 hour ago, Roy Olaer said:

As you have found out, Evernote is not an effective program to capture multiple pages of forum posts.

I find the best solution is to concentrate on just the helpful information. So I select a specific post and use Copy and Paste.

1 minute ago, jbenson2 said:

I find the best solution is to concentrate on the helpful information only, so I select a specific post and use Copy and Paste.

This only helps if I'm reading live and can take the entire thread at once. This generally isn't the case, and I only spend a few minutes at a time, and lose my place. I would like a solution to enable me to read the forum off of a saved Evernote. Enables me to be more productive when looking at forum posts, and allows me to search within my own Evernote.

• Level 5*
1 hour ago, Roy Olaer said:

So I have a few forum threads that span out over several pages (to be specific, they are on the World of Warcraft forum).. I have one that goes for 17 pages. I try to use the web clipper, but it fails and states that there is a 200mb size limit on notes. I'm assuming that the background image is what's causing so much data to be eaten up. I try to use "Simplified Article" but this just makes a mess of text that has no breaks or identifiers between posts.

I would like to use Evernote to read these forum threads, as you can place notes, make markings, and bookmark your most recent read post to save your place for when you return to the reading of the thread.

When I ran into the max size limit, my solution was to upgrade to the next tier with higher limits. You could do this on a monthly subscription to get your data imported.

I mostly avoid long notes. I'd look at breaking up this data.

• Level 5

Well, that is my solution. Evernote is not suited for your requirement to capture multiple pages of forum posts, sorry.

Perhaps someone else can offer something more useful, some software designed to capture large amounts of forum traffic at one time..

This subject has been brought up in the past.

https://discussion.evernote.com/topic/82767-capture-multiple-page-forum-thread-under-one-note/

Archived